By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - TGS: Xbox 360 Final Fantasy XIII likely coming to Japan

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=198996

FF XIII is vaguely dated "2009" on PS3, while the Xbox 360 version isn't hitting Japan at all. We bet Microsoft's preparing the money hat as we type, though...

Around the Network

NO OFFENCE BUT YOUR COMMENTS ONLY SEEM TO BE DESTRUCTIVE SO IM GOING TO SAY THAT THIS WILL NOT HAPPEN PS3 FTW

That doesn't actually sound very likely at all, if that's all there is to back it up. Considering the 360's recent growth in Japan, however, it's a possibility.

From Squares point of view, a Japanese release of FFXIII would make a lot of sense.

Now, I know that everyone's going to hate that argument, but I think it's valid. Right now, there's a schism between where JRPGs are going to go - PS3 has the grandaddy, while the X360 has virtually everything else. In the long run, if XIII went to the X360, it would get more JRPG fans over to the X360, where more TriAce/Square projects exist.

So in the end, it may not help FFXIII a whole lot (of course it's sell great on the X360), but the fact is, those new X360 owners for XIII would be lapping up the other Square IPs.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

title is misleading

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network

they didn't say anything about on TGS so NO

Its starting to look like it, to me it looks like SONY isnt caring at all.. just loosing FF XIII in the first place is a huge sign that they are sticking to 3rd place.

Zen was right, they care more about profit than market share.

mM

1 word : impossible

Square said that they will begin the 360 port when they finished the PS3 version so you really think they will release the 360 version 6-12 months after the PS3? or keep the PS3 version in the safe while they make the 360 port?

I wouldnt be surprised.

Asmo said:

1 word : impossible

Square said that they will begin the 360 port when they finished the PS3 version so you really think they will release the 360 version 6-12 months after the PS3? or keep the PS3 version in the safe while they make the 360 port?

why would that be impossible?

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur