By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Jak & Daxter v. Ratchet & Clank

Jak and Daxter

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

R@C FTW!

"YouR opinion is WronG!!!"

*Glances at avatar...* Ratchet & Clank!!

Seriously, I'll stick with Ratchet & Clank because the series is amazing (and I haven't tried the Jak series though I've heard great things about it.)

only played ratchet so i cant compare them...

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Ratchet & Clank all the way

Around the Network

I've played every game in the R&C series except the first, and own all except the first and second. I love it, it is one of my favourite series.

I did have Jak II before giving it away. I thought it was decent, but nowhere near Ratchet and Clank.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Jak, my first Ratchet game was Tools of Destruction

When I saw the name Jak on the frontpage I got really excited, hoping there was some news about Jak 4... but no

J&D all the way. All 3 were really fun and the variety of gameplay styles kept me really interested. It was like they took Crash 3 to the highest degree. Never understood the hate Jak 2 got. How can a game that lets you respawn infinitely and gives you extra ammo and health if you fuck up too many times be too hard? I'm still anticipating a next gen version.

RATCHET AND CLANK!!!

Jak and Daxter by far, in every way. The variety of gameplay, the awesome story and scripting, the atmosphere, the feeling of being in a world.

I also prefer Crash to Spyro and Uncharted to Resistance.

All in all, Insomniac and Naughty Dog are the only reasons I picked up a PS3 over a 360. As they, IMO, are the best developers (perhaps of all time). Third = Valve.