By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Numbers Up!

Ps2 beat both ps3 and 360 amazing.

Around the Network
JGarret said:
SaviorX said:
PS2 beating the PS3 is sad in a way. Very sad.

True.I had never seen a situation where a system is able to outsell its successor 2 YEARS after the launch of the latter.

You fail to mention that it also beat out 360...like always.

@psrock - what?

perpride said:
JGarret said:
SaviorX said:

True.I had never seen a situation where a system is able to outsell its successor 2 YEARS after the launch of the latter.

@psrock - what?

its japan, know one really knows what will sell there one week to the next, we could see the snes rise up from the grave and claim a week, and i would not be too surprised

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

If the 360 actually reaches 1 million sold that would be huge for MS, they are doing way better than expected this generation in Japan

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

5 weeks until The Last Renmant drops.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Around the Network
goddog said:
perpride said:
JGarret said:
SaviorX said:

@psrock - what?

its japan, know one really knows what will sell there one week to the next, we could see the snes rise up from the grave and claim a week, and i would not be too surprised

Now that would be cool to see! but there are no NEW snes (super famicom) systems available on store shelves (or I would have bought one!) I had to get a used one from Yahoo Auctions JP Rise from your grave!!!

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

How much did the original XBox sell in Japan?
Good news for MS, and I thought they were still somewhat supply constrained?

It's just that simple.

Japan needs to buy some hardware, lol. At least the 360 is doing better than the original Xbox, by a mile, I'd assume(may be wrong).

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

^check the websites graphs.

Xbox started out ok, but after a year it then fell below 1000 per week average for the rest of it's life.

X360 started slower (bad rep from XB) but it kept it's sales consistant, and while it did occasionally go under 1000 in some weeks, it mostly kept and average around 2k, until 2008, when it has slowly crept up over the summer to 4-5k per week, then it had this explosion to equal Wii's sales.

X360 has already passed the XB in Japan... and I believe it's not long till it surpasses the XB in Europe.

Yay the ds and wii get selling good.