By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop Makes Me Sad

Wow. This game was delayed.

That does not bode well for the system. Delays are hardly a sign of good things.

And I agree with the author. Skeptical as can be.

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:

That does not bode well for the system. Delays are hardly a sign of good things.

But some games were helped by delays. Some of the most acclaimed, and bestselling, games got delays, like GTA IV, Ocarina of time, and Resident Evil 4 (at least the first version).

In those cases, the developers were not satisfied, and wanted to get it right. If that is the case here, not claiming it is, that is reason for hope.

And if you agree with the author, you should also hope for the TGS build, since that is in the article.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

I'd hope this would be good but as time goes on, things seem to be spiraling downward. It's too bad because if the game came out being very good and selling well, who knows, maybe Capcom brings over RE5. Although baed on the Wii sales of RE4 and RE:UC, they should bring over RE5 anyway.

I'm still going to hold out hope for Dead Rising because it could be such a fun game but I won't hold my breathe. This will definitely be a game where I wait to see and read as many reviews as poissible, both website/magazine as well as user review. I'll go from there as to whether I buy it or not and maybe even still wait to see a price drop depending on what the original price is to begin with.

I'll come up with something better eventually...

LordTheNightKnight said:
DMeisterJ said:

But some games were helped by delays. Some of the most acclaimed, and bestselling, games got delays, like GTA IV, Ocarina of time, and Resident Evil 4 (at least the first version).

In those cases, the developers were not satisfied, and wanted to get it right. If that is the case here, not claiming it is, that is reason for hope.

And if you agree with the author, you should also hope for the TGS build, since that is in the article.

And there are about a billion other games where delays are something horrible being wrong with the game.

Optimism is fine, but the truth is finer. 

This game is gonna suck.

DMeisterJ said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
DMeisterJ said:

And there are about a billion other games where delays are something horrible being wrong with the game.

This game is gonna suck.

Those tend to be for games too ambitious for the projects, and those tend to be long delays, not two months.

You claim I'm defending this game to the death, but I keep saying this could still suck. You insist it will, and refusing to acknowledge there is a new build, which means you are projecting your narrow-mindedness.

You don't want to give this game a chance, and anyone stating we don't know what the final product could be is supposed to be crazy. You are being dumb, because you think you can predict what this game will be like.

Even if it sucks, that doesn't mean it was certain, no matter how much you would insist. You aren't predicting the quality of this game, so stop pretending you are.

All some of us are doing is saying to wait and see.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

The first paragraph was stupid. "I'm going to nitpick on something which is technically correct." The second paragraph gets things back on track, though.

So far my biggest disappointment is the decision to leave out the photography. I had an hour or so with the 360 version and I thought the photography was pretty cool, but would be way better with a pointer. So much for that idea.

Meh, plenty of Wii zombie-killing to had elsewhere.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

DMeisterJ said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
DMeisterJ said:

This game is gonna suck.

"A delayed game is good eventually, a bad game is bad forever."

-Shigeru Miyamoto

Methinks the man knows a tad more about what makes a good game than you, no?

Although in all fairness, the chances for this title are not looking so hot. Still, it seems silly to say that the game will be bad because they're delaying it, especially when you have sooooooooo many other things you could point to instead.

Well, Kotaku is not a big Wii fan.
However, the premise that this game is going to be dated before it is released has some merit. It has gone from "must buy" to "wait and see"/"get on sale" for me.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

kinda sad to see such a fun game get butchered... the underground tunnels .... i cant imagine that with only 30 zombies

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

LordTheNightKnight said:
DMeisterJ said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
DMeisterJ said:

This game is gonna suck.

Those tend to be for games too ambitious for the projects, and those tend to be long delays, not two months.

You claim I'm defending this game to the death, but I keep saying this could still suck. You insist it will, and refusing to acknowledge there is a new build, which means you are projecting your narrow-mindedness.

You don't want to give this game a chance, and anyone stating we don't know what the final product could be is supposed to be crazy. You are being dumb, because you think you can predict what this game will be like.

Even if it sucks, that doesn't mean it was certain, no matter how much you would insist. You aren't predicting the quality of this game, so stop pretending you are.

All some of us are doing is saying to wait and see.

I could give you a big bowl of peanut butter, Ranch, and salt and it would suck.  But it's alright because peanut butter is good and Ranch Dressing are also good and given time I'm sure I'm going to get it right.  I have another bowl in the back that I will show you soon.

Do you see where I'm going?

I'm all for giving a chance but when a game serves us crap after crap after crap it shows a pattern. 

I would usually be there right with you if this game has ever had a good showing but they have given us nothing other than telling us the Wii is popular and Dead Rising was a good game.  I'm pretty sure I haven't seen a positive impression of this game yet.

I wouldt be surprised if you could find someone who has played any build of this and wasn't insulted.