By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Do you think Sony will have a huge ad campagin for KZ2?

I m just wondering since this is their own shooter and almost half of the PS3 owners are waiting for this game,will sony do midnight launches and big add campagins(something like halo )?

by that time(Feb 09) sony will have a user base of around 20-21 million(maybe even more),,so install base will be larger compared to 360 install base when halo 3 launched(it was15 million if im not mistaken).

I mean they have worked on this game alot and  even beta has started since 2 weeks ago(4 months before the official launch),,,will they spend like 10-15 million $ on marketing alone?is it even wise to do so?

Around the Network

they have to i think,

Depends if they do good this holiday season if resistance2 , socom, Lbp, motorstorm2, make them money then they difintly will promote the hell out of this game.

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

I would put all my money on advertising Motorstorm2/LBP since they are the only title that the Xbox360 can't compete

also, KZ2 is already so famous.

Time to Work !

^^^^halo was also famous but that didn't stop MS from advertising the hell out of the game.

will we get a special edition PS3 with orange goggles(helghast eyes) on it?

that would be coool

Around the Network

I just hope Sony starts pushing t least a couple of games per year. No one has more first party games than Sony, and it has been both a bleasing and a curse. On one hand they have titles that hit every possible consumer out there, and that has made Playstation the most popular brand in gaming history. The bad side of that, is the way Sony has handled their marketing of all these great games. Looking at the numbers VG has for PS games last gen, I see a sad reallity. Game like Jak and Daxter, God of War, Ratchet and Clanck, Killzone, Metal Gear Solid, and many more PS games have suffered dearly, due to the oversaturation on the console, and Sony's lack to support them correctly.

If I was in charge of marketing at Sony, I would set a goal to have at least one game that could hit 4 million each quarter. Next year It could start with Killzone 2 in Q1, Infamous in Q2, Uncharted 2 in Q3, and God of War 3 in Q4. There is no reason Sony should not be putting Halo/ Gears type of marketing behind at least one game per quarter. It is just rediculous that a game like Uncharted can not even match a game like Assasins Creed. It is not that the game was not as good, it was the inability of Sony to get any momentum behind the game.

IMO this is the biggest thing Sony needs to work on. Starting with Little Big Planet they have got to get behind their games. Get out action figures, have cartoons featuring the properties, toys at McDonalds, do what is required to properly market a big buget project. At this point if Sony was doing any less to push their games, they would be doing nothing.

As we stand today I see nothing for the future of Killzone 2 marketing, based on the past that I layed out. If it was me Killzone 2 would be the biggest thing of all time, because if you are trying to sell people something then you have to make them believe that.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

KBG29 said:
I just hope Sony starts pushing t least a couple of games per year. No one has more first party games than Sony, and it has been both a bleasing and a curse. On one hand they have titles that hit every possible consumer out there, and that has made Playstation the most popular brand in gaming history. The bad side of that, is the way Sony has handled their marketing of all these great games. Looking at the numbers VG has for PS games last gen, I see a sad reallity. Game like Jak and Daxter, God of War, Ratchet and Clanck, Killzone, Metal Gear Solid, and many more PS games have suffered dearly, due to the oversaturation on the console, and Sony's lack to support them correctly.

If I was in charge of marketing at Sony, I would set a goal to have at least one game that could hit 4 million each quarter. Next year It could start with Killzone 2 in Q1, Infamous in Q2, Uncharted 2 in Q3, and God of War 3 in Q4. There is no reason Sony should not be putting Halo/ Gears type of marketing behind at least one game per quarter. It is just rediculous that a game like Uncharted can not even match a game like Assasins Creed. It is not that the game was not as good, it was the inability of Sony to get any momentum behind the game.

IMO this is the biggest thing Sony needs to work on. Starting with Little Big Planet they have got to get behind their games. Get out action figures, have cartoons featuring the properties, toys at McDonalds, do what is required to properly market a big buget project. At this point if Sony was doing any less to push their games, they would be doing nothing.

As we stand today I see nothing for the future of Killzone 2 marketing, based on the past that I layed out. If it was me Killzone 2 would be the biggest thing of all time, because if you are trying to sell people something then you have to make them believe that.

Wow, very nice post, and I couldn't agree more with you. I think Sony should look at Nintendo, they make few games each year, but they hype the shit out of them in a very smart way, and best part, they are not cutting all ads when the games are released, I mean Wii Fit and Mario Kart Wii ads are still running unlike Sony's games.

Many people doesn't recognize the huge PlayStation or Sony game library due to lack of marketing, just look at Siren, it is definitely one of the best, if not the best, horror game to date on any 'next-gen' platform, and yet it is the least talked about horror game. Last year, they did the same with Folklore, a very cool and to some point, innovative Action RPG, but the game failed terribly. Uncharted sold ~120k the month it debuted, thanks to Sony's huge marketing, hopefully, the game reached +1.5 million due to word of mouth being strong for Uncharted.

Seriously, the Wii's success is hardly due to games or any other thing for that matter, it is about marketing and price point, it is mostly the same for every other thing out there, but Sony really lacks in these departments.

However, I see good marketing for LBP, the whole beta giveaways was really smart, it was a win-win situation with gaming websites, they got hits, LBP got more buzz. I hope they continue to market the game after it's release, and not use "let the game speak for itself" thing again.

Like you mentioned, Sony shoud market Killzone 2 very very well, using $15 to $30 million in marketing. They spent more than $60 million in the game, and 4 years for developing it, yet they might recklessly put the game into market with out making people gets aware of the game.

^^^^yea ,,like right now there is not a single ad for wipeout HD, and ratchet and clacnk:booty.

I think they will make a big one.

The first Killzone had a huge marketing push in Europe. Full size Helghast figures in stores, posters everywhere and commercials on TV.

Even Killzone: Liberation had quite a few big advertisements.

Sony want to make KZ their own big first party shooter franchise to rival the likes of COD or Halo. I suspect come January they're going to turn up the hype meter and start to really market the hell out of this title.