By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - In which gen will Nintendo catch up to Sony/MSFT with online?

See title for info.  Imo, the 9th.

Around the Network

When/if there products dont sell because of there online.

They honestly dont care right now.

mM

I don't think they are playing catch up at all. Nintendo online strategy is completely different than Sony and MS, so they are pretty much doing their own thing and as long as they are making the bucks they don't really care about "catching up".

"¿Por qué justo a mí tenía que tocarme ser yo?"

I don't think they will ever catch up...by the time Nintendo console supports in game talk and movie downloads ...Xbox live/PSN will be an online virtual world like in the Matrix.

the wont, and it will be by choice that they do not... they will always handicap their system for protection of the childins

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Around the Network
disolitude said:
I don't think they will ever catch up...by the time Nintendo console supports in game talk and movie downloads ...Xbox live/PSN will be an online virtual world like in the Matrix.

If it ever got that far I quite online gaming.

Anyways to get to the suggested setup we see by Xlive and PSN probably 8th generation if they feel it a necessity.  I mean their online right now is pretty popular.  I mean people are connecting despite people's complaints and playing games online.  I mean if you are to look past the bitching it's not that it isn't successful.  But I think Ninty will change it anyways.

I don't think ever. Nintendo just doesn't seem to be interested in going that route. If they wanted to, they could have easily done what the other companies are doing. Nintendo makes plenty of money and could afford one way or another to do what they're doing. I just think Nintendo is still focused on games and only offers online just because some gamers find it an absolute neccessity.

I'll come up with something better eventually...

So, affordability over expanded content like rentals, music, etc.? That is one of the reasons I switched to XB and sometimes PC after GameCube. I feel that Ninty will do a Wii HD with some new HW like hard-drive and do a complete Nintendo "Revolution" for the 9th.

nintendo already has...and is probably outpacing the others

but hear me out..just like the Wii..their online service is different..

they are NOT going the same direction as MS or Sony on this..

and in that prospect..they've done greatly...honestly ^_^

RolStoppable said:
I don't think that Nintendo wants to emulate the Microsoft and Sony online experiences if it comes to online multiplayer and some other things. However, in terms of downloadable games Nintendo is good to go. New original games are coming and when it comes to classic games they were leading pretty much from the get go due to their enormous back catalogue.

downloadble games are roms and emulators, you can even install linux on a ps3 and get the same experience for free :P.