By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo employee talks about ‘exciting’ mystery game

Mother was already translated by Nintendo? Wasn't it?

Maybe Mother 3?

Around the Network
Majin-Tenshinhan said:

You're forgetting that it's been 10 months. Considering we know very well that Mother 3, as in the game itself, is complete, I severely doubt it'd take 10 months to translate. Especially considering the easy dialogue in it (all hiragana). I know japanese myself, and I can tell you that it would never take that long. Also, you forget that Mother is far from a major franchise. A lot of people would probably react "What's this?"

Don't quote me on this...

But I'm pretty sure I read an interview in these last couple of days (might have been the reggie one), with a question regarding Mother 3. And a reposnse of "We're listening to what our fans are saying." Now, whether those two go together... I can't remember. But the outcry for it pretty huge, and reggie himself said he gets asked about it in every interview he makes.

vdoesntforgive said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:

You're forgetting that it's been 10 months. Considering we know very well that Mother 3, as in the game itself, is complete, I severely doubt it'd take 10 months to translate. Especially considering the easy dialogue in it (all hiragana). I know japanese myself, and I can tell you that it would never take that long. Also, you forget that Mother is far from a major franchise. A lot of people would probably react "What's this?"

Don't quote me on this...

But I'm pretty sure I read an interview in these last couple of days (might have been the reggie one), with a question regarding Mother 3. And a reposnse of "We're listening to what our fans are saying." Now, whether those two go together... I can't remember. But the outcry for it pretty huge, and reggie himself said he gets asked about it in every interview he makes.

I'm not saying "Mother 3 will never make it outside Japan", I'm saying "It would never take 10 months to translate". If they begun translating it in January, you can bet your ass it'd have been announced by now. Regardless of if Mother 3 is being localized as we speak or not, it's virtually unthinkable that that situation connects to this one.

Majin-Tenshinhan said:

I'm not saying "Mother 3 will never make it outside Japan", I'm saying "It would never take 10 months to translate". If they begun translating it in January, you can bet your ass it'd have been announced by now. Regardless of if Mother 3 is being localized as we speak or not, it's virtually unthinkable that that situation connects to this one.

And the new Zelda does? ;O

If you're not saying Mother 3 will never get localized, then you're saying it COULD get localized. They definately didn't have any intentions of doing it from the get go, but after it being requested so much, maybed they've had a change of mind/heart?

The more I think about it the more it makes sense to be Captain Rainbow. The game almost certainly involves a lot of japanese specific jokes, and those are amazingly hard to translate well. That would explain the deep end comment, and the conversation easily fits into the conversation with his boss. I know it will never happen, but I need this hope.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Around the Network

Sounds great. Probally Captain rainbow?

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

vdoesntforgive said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:

They're working on it. It wouldn't be surprising if they had the dialogue ready before the game was all done. I honestly think the reaction fits perfectly to a project of that magnitude.

Check your own post, bub, you weren't all that light on the defense either with all the caps and vowel elongations and what not :p

Haha, fair do's fair do's.

I'm just saying, the chance of them doing a number of languages for the game at this stage are really slim (Nah, Nintendo would never give america and the europeans zelda at the same time as Japan. Ridiculous). A more likely project to get a "Are you serious!?" response, from a translator, would be a translation of something no one thought was coming. Mother.

Erm, they did with Twilight Princess...

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

so forgive my ignorance but who is JC Rodrigo? do we know anything about his tastes in games? if he's excited about it the game should fall somewhat in line with those tastes.

Soriku said:
Sounds like the people hyping leaked PS3 games lolz.

ZELDA PLEASE!! :P

As others have mentioned, this was my first thought as well. The first sentence, that is.

"I have seen the super secret project I cannot tell you about, and it is amazing! Just wait!"

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Mr.Y said:

Maybe he should file a sexual harassment complaint?