By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - why is nintendo's japan conference being ignored?

after seeing nintendos conference 2009 wii software video i looked at various site to try and find info/opinions on the games shown. I found it for punchout and S&P2 which was quite awesome but nothing that was purely in the japaneese one. even though that video showed many awesome looking new games. i was at least looking for a couple of 'oops looks like nintendo hasnt forgotten the core after all'. of the sites that did post the news there were hardly any comments on it. seems like people only interested in nintendo news when its bad. the gamespot coverage of the event didnt even shown that there was any new games announced. and the hottest N4G topics were 'tombraider gets DLC' and 'mario level made on LBP'.  so what are your thoughts on the new games? heres the list

Wii Sports Resort (Nintendo) Spring
Start w/ 100 Conversations! English Conversation (Nintendo) 2009
Punch-Out!! (Nintendo) 2009
Trace Memory: R, Gateway of Memory (Nintendo) 2009
Kensax (Nintendo) 2009
Cosmic Walker (Nintendo) 2009
Spawn Smasher (Nintendo) 2009
Dynamic Slash (Nintendo) 2009
Takt of Magic (Nintendo) 2009
Sin & Punishment 2 (Nintendo) 2009
Forever Blue 2: Beautiful Ocean (Nintendo) 2009
Everyone’s the Star on the NHK Red-and-White Quiz Battle (Nintendo) 2009
Line Attack Heroes (Nintendo) 2009

im most excited about sin & punishment 2, cosmic walker and dynamic slash. its good to see nintendo will have IPs. S&P2 looks  like it will flourish with IR aiming, Dynamic wil be epic if it uses M+, and Cosmic walker could be good although the developer is apparently rubbish.

also can anybody give me more information on the other games? i know nothing about Trace memory or line attack heroes. Takt of magic os apparently a sequel to DS lostmagic but i dont know anything about that game either

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

Around the Network

The reason is that people like to bash others so when nintendo announce punch out and sin and punishment 2 it made then all shut up and go away.So since there is nothing to bash it's stops being fun for them.

@ OP You have to understand that most of the people who post on forums on the internet were raised with the PS 1, and they were brainwashed to hate anything by their rival company - Nintendo. Thus the advent of "LULZ! Kiddie!" came about on the internet. So whenever there is the slightest bad news comes to Nintendo, these people treat it as its the downfall of the company. When good things happen, they try to find something to play it off. When they cannot, they ignore it entirely.

If you look at the results of the recent poll, you'll see that the majority of people, even on this site, are PS3 players. So even here, you are subjected to the above mentioned situatiion

Because none of those games were announced at the US conference, therefore why get hyped about games that you will probably never play? Except for Punch-Out!! and S&P2 that is.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

bardicverse said:
@ OP You have to understand that most of the people who post on forums on the internet were raised with the PS 1, and they were brainwashed to hate anything by their rival company - Nintendo. Thus the advent of "LULZ! Kiddie!" came about on the internet. So whenever there is the slightest bad news comes to Nintendo, these people treat it as its the downfall of the company. When good things happen, they try to find something to play it off. When they cannot, they ignore it entirely.

If you look at the results of the recent poll, you'll see that the majority of people, even on this site, are PS3 players. So even here, you are subjected to the above mentioned situatiion

It's a conspiracy!!!!!!!!!!

I was raised with the PS1 and 3/5 of my favorite consoles are made by Ninty. So there.

The reason people don't care about it is pretty much what trestres said. If people don't get the games announced, why should they care? I think the only games out of these that the west gets are Cosmic Walker, S&P 2 (amazing game), Punch Out, Wii Sports Resort, Takt of Magic, and Forever Blue 2. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Around the Network

Actually, you will start to see full reviews this week. The press had a blackout on the full details of what they saw until i thought yesterday, but, maybe it will start to roll out.

I did notice today that IGN had a few new 'hands on' articles. Tetris Party looks like it is so full of win. Plus the big new lengthy videos of Conduit look awesome.

Nintendo's kiddy image pre-dates the PS1. If you really want to pinpoint when it began, read up on the console versions of the first Mortal Kombat game.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

Millennium said:
Nintendo's kiddy image pre-dates the PS1. If you really want to pinpoint when it began, read up on the console versions of the first Mortal Kombat game.

Different issue, but I understand what you refer to. That was more of a definition of violence in the home taken into uncharted waters, as MK2 had blood in it. It wasnt common to have that level of graphic violence in a game at that point in time. It has nothing to do with "kiddie" or anything in that vein. The whole kiddie thing truly started with the push to Pokemon by Nintendo in that time period, and Sony just kept telling everyone that all Nintendo cared about was catering to the little kids with their Pokemon. That was what the true start of the whole "kiddie" argument from the Sony camps.

to be honest most people dont care about 'kiddy' anyway. ive seen people having a conversation about games that went from GTAIV to mario kart wii to mecenaries 2 to pokemon. they seemed to like them all equally

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

You should wait until NOA announces localization to get excited for some of those.