By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft’s pockets not so deep for the Xbox 360 division

Legend11 said:

It's funny how you can tell how poorly the PS3 is doing by the amount of trolling by PS3 fanboys in the Microsoft forum. And considering how much they're trolling things are looking pretty bad for the PS3.

Maybe we need to bring back that chart showing how many PS2 gamers are turning to the Wii and 360. Considering the price drop it is likely even higher now. Good times... Good times... :)

Or laugh as PS3 fanboys crow about getting sloppy seconds (with a new coat of lipstick). Who could have imagined back in the PS2 days that it would come to this? Keep it up PS3 fanboys, you're providing us all with a good laugh.

No, it is you providing all the laughs in this thread with stupid statements like that.

Around the Network

a few more job losses and a threat of depression could make a dent in everyones gaming habits lets hope that doest happen. lets see a video game or food for the wife and kids????? You guys need to go on a diet.

the editorial of MS cuts are so blistering towards MS and the Nintendo bias is sick thats why I guess you are not getting paid to bring these things up as a point of knowledge.

Its your mission to get MS or Sony good job.

i think m$ price cut were too risky, if they don't pay up, considering the market is going to hell its a huge blow too.

Jo21 said:
i think m$ price cut were too risky, if they don't pay up, considering the market is going to hell its a huge blow too.

So you're basically saying that when times are tough it's not good for a company to make it's products more affordable?  Hmm, something about that doesn't seem right to me.

Around the Network
Legend11 said:
Jo21 said:

So you're basically saying that when times are tough it's not good for a company to make it's products more affordable?  Hmm, something about that doesn't seem right to me.

for us is great ;).

but for a company that have to get back 6 billion it lost with the original xbox and 1 billion on warranty, and price cut will just delay that, they seeing a bit picture of it though if they manage to get good foot in the market this generation :)

Isn't this argument used by both sides of the HD divide? I'm absolutely sure I've seen people suggest Sony would support their games division with their other ventures.

Given that Sony has actually lost more money in the last two years than Microsoft has in gaming, I'm really not sure this is something to crow about. Both companies will need to tighten the belt considerably.

This strikes me as one of the premier examples of a Sony/Microsoft slapfest, while Nintendo is laughing all the way to the bank -- keep your eyes on the prize, fellas, because beating each other isn't actually the goal here.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Bodhesatva said:

Isn't this argument used by both sides of the HD divide? I'm absolutely sure I've seen people suggest Sony would support their games division with their other ventures.

Given that Sony has actually lost more money in the last two years than Microsoft has in gaming, I'm really not sure this is something to crow about. Both companies will need to tighten the belt considerably.

This strikes me as one of the premier examples of a Sony/Microsoft slapfest, while Nintendo is laughing all the way to the bank -- keep your eyes on the prize, fellas, because beating each other isn't actually the goal here.

But Sony started it more than a year ago already. Depending on their ability to cut down the costs during the last year, we'll see whether further actions are needed.

@Topic: This was expected. If i recall, M$ had a goal of making profit with 360.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

JaggedSac said:

LOL.  I was very mistaken.  I looked into it and Nintendo and Sony are both doing alot worse than I thought.  And believe me, they are definitely making changes, just not as outward facing as M$.  Especially with stock trends like that.

http://moneycentral.msn.com/investor/research/wizards/srwhistory.asp?Symbol=SNEJF

SONY  Industry Group
3 Months  -35.0%   NA
6 Months  -29.3%   NA
12 Months  -47.7%   NA

http://moneycentral.msn.com/investor/research/wizards/srwhistory.asp?Symbol=NTDOF

Nintendo  Industry Group
3 Months  -39.7%   NA
6 Months  -32.4%   NA
12 Months  -42.9%   NA

http://moneycentral.msn.com/investor/research/wizards/SRWHistory.asp?Symbol=MSFT

Microsoft  Industry Group
3 Months  1.3%   -14.4%
6 Months  -9.7%   -24.3%
12 Months  -11.4%   -38.2%

Japanese stockmarket as a whole has went down. Just because the stock price goes down, doesn't mean the company is doing worse. Nintendo will still make huge profits, but as the general trend of Sony and Nintendo going down, is because USD dropping down. Nintendo and Sony are both companies that lives largely from exporting and trading in dollars.

It's usually expected, that when economy goes down, people spend less money on entertainment.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Legend11 said:

It's funny how you can tell how poorly the PS3 is doing by the amount of trolling by PS3 fanboys in the Microsoft forum. And considering how much they're trolling things must be looking pretty bad for the PS3.

Maybe we need to bring back that chart showing how many PS2 gamers are turning to the Wii and 360. Considering the price drop it is likely even higher now. Good times... Good times... :)

Or laugh as PS3 fanboys crow about getting sloppy seconds (with a new coat of lipstick). Who could have imagined back in the PS2 days that it would come to this? Keep it up PS3 fanboys, you're providing us all with a good laugh.

it's funny how you make us look good. ;)

Check out my game about moles ^