By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
RolStoppable said:
DMeisterJ said:
kirby007 said:
Xen said:
Not such a smart thing to say, but it's a fact that a huge part of the DS userbase is under 12.

really? proof?

Not that I agree, but proof that any proff that a huge part is over 12?

You're both reaching.

http://kotaku.com/5058974/who-are-japans-biggest-ds-users

I call bs on that man even you have a ds don't you

even look at what dmj wrote for all I care

@ Xen no he didn't he gave some random link with a test ( was it representing the whole japanese population? i say no )

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
Beja-Beja said:
Roma said:
And someone asked why there is all the Sony hate?

? The epistomalogical implications of this statement are quite disturbing.

yeah i know

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

I don't get a lot of the attitude around here towards this statement.  He clearly indicates that he's not sure that Nintendo would expand it's above 12 userbase, and that's totally justified.  He never once said that people over twelve don't buy the DS, he's merely pointing out that the added features don't do much to attract new buyers.  Why would you want a DSi instead of a DSlite?  The camera sucks, it's stripped of GBA functionality (and some DS games are harmed by that, as well), the second touchscreen can't do much since the existing game library can't use it, and the internal memory isn't necessary even if it does open up a DLC market for the system.  Where in the DSi is even a single feature that is supposed to convince me to upgrade, let alone something that would make me want the system if I didn't already own a DS?

Please, people, reading comprehension is an absolute necessity.  If you can't read the written word for its actual intent, you can't even begin to argue the point intelligibly.  I don't know if this misinterpretation stems from biased points of view or simple misunderstanding, but you should be emberassed at yourself if you mistook Sony for claiming that people over 12 don't buy the DS.

You do not have the right to never be offended.

ChichiriMuyo said:

I don't get a lot of the attitude around here towards this statement.  He clearly indicates that he's not sure that Nintendo would expand it's above 12 userbase, and that's totally justified.  He never once said that people over twelve don't buy the DS, he's merely pointing out that the added features don't do much to attract new buyers.  Why would you want a DSi instead of a DSlite?  The camera sucks, it's stripped of GBA functionality (and some DS games are harmed by that, as well), the second touchscreen can't do much since the existing game library can't use it, and the internal memory isn't necessary even if it does open up a DLC market for the system.  Where in the DSi is even a single feature that is supposed to convince me to upgrade, let alone something that would make me want the system if I didn't already own a DS?

Please, people, reading comprehension is an absolute necessity.  If you can't read the written word for its actual intent, you can't even begin to argue the point intelligibly.  I don't know if this misinterpretation stems from biased points of view or simple misunderstanding, but you should be emberassed at yourself if you mistook Sony for claiming that people over 12 don't buy the DS.

brain training

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

ChichiriMuyo said:

Beyond under the age of 12 means no one over that age buys it.

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network
ChichiriMuyo said:

This quote:

"Will it be a product that expands their user base [beyond] under 12? I'm not sure."

Is an example of a PR spin... he clearly puts the DS demographic as a bunch of 12 year old kits...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

It's PR , Sony is most likely very aware of the nature of the DS demographic ( well they should do if they don't , blillions of potential profit depends on this kind of knowledge).

RolStoppable said:
DMeisterJ said:
RolStoppable said:

http://kotaku.com/5058974/who-are-japans-biggest-ds-users

Nice. 

But it'd be nicer to know the sample size of the survey, etc. before coming to any conclusions about it.  ^_^

I'm not saying that either is wrong or right, just links to these claims.

If you don't think that this graph paints a somewhat accurate picture of the userbase, you can always look at the software that sells. For example the Brain Training games have sold more than 25m units combined and these games clearly don't sell to kids. They don't care for them, because they are doing enough of that stuff in school everyday. If you factor in that some people might have bought both games, you would probably still end up with more than 20m DS users over the age of 12, only based on the sales of these two titles.

But honestly, how much proof would you need? It should be logical that the majority of DS users are over the age of 12. If you claim otherwise, you should be the one to go and find some numbers.

just like i said BUHAHA

@Kirby007 - When, exactly, did we start talking about Brain Training?  The subject is whether or not the DSi will expand their 13+ demo.  Seriously, stick to the topic at hand instead of making a fool of yourself.

@FJ-Warez - That is their core democraphic.  They already hae that demo won, what they need to do now is murder the PSP's mindshare with otehr demographics.  At least, if they want the total market dominance they are used to.  Therefore, the most pressing question should be whether or not Nintendo will expand their over 12 demo.  He explicitly uses that word I bolded, because that's the question.  It's not "will they create a 13+ demo," it's "will they expand their 13+ demo."  Two totally different things, and, once again, you should be ashamed of yourself for not even being able to distinguish between the two.

You do not have the right to never be offended.

ChichiriMuyo said:

@Kirby007 - When, exactly, did we start talking about Brain Training?  The subject is whether or not the DSi will expand their 13+ demo.  Seriously, stick to the topic at hand instead of making a fool of yourself.

@FJ-Warez - That is their core democraphic.  They already hae that demo won, what they need to do now is murder the PSP's mindshare with otehr demographics.  At least, if they want the total market dominance they are used to.  Therefore, the most pressing question should be whether or not Nintendo will expand their over 12 demo.  He explicitly uses that word I bolded, because that's the question.  It's not "will they create a 13+ demo," it's "will they expand their 13+ demo."  Two totally different things, and, once again, you should be ashamed of yourself for not even being able to distinguish between the two.

you said the total opposized