By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Here we go again, Dow plunges

Does anybody have a link showing the stocks of the last few weeks from the big 3? I'm curious how much they got affected by the crisis.

Around the Network

wow....talk about mild racism suddenly starting

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

kitler53 said:
i don't know a whole lot about the economy so i'll just tell you what i know...

-my credit history is short (~2years) but perfect in that time period.
-i couldn't get a car loan. i ended up just buying my entire car outright because no one would give me a loan (and yes i did have the $18k in the bank to buy it outright).
-i've asked for a raise in my credit limit on my credit card and got refused. my current credit limit is at 26% of my monthly take-home income (i.e. after taxes and 401k).

for the financial situation i am in (steadily employed with a good wage and plenty of savings) i really should be able to secure some better credit than i can. ...but i can't.

Short credit history is a bane...

I had the same issue for credit limit before this crisis started just because of short credit history too ( go go relocating to the US as a foreign citizen and starting your credit history at 33...).

With 2 years of credit history I was stucked with low credit limit, 1 year before this crisis started...

I put 50% down when I bought my house just to dodge those credit issues and prevent getting a high rate due to non existent credit history....

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Everstar said:
Fuck this form dude this really pisses me off everyone blaming it americans i have not done shit to you blame it on the fucking companies or what ever is causes it not the people of america we are not doing shit to you so sdfu? k. thanks

lol... a real patriot :P man this post contaisn so much FAIL  :P

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

JHawkNH said:

Ail said:

Credit isn't as widely used in the rest of the world as in the US ( not everyone is as stupid thank god, I mean how many brain cells do you need to carry a balance on a credit card with 18% APR ???) especially in Europe so customer spending shoudn't decline as sharply there.

In some part of the world people actually know what the word 'savings' mean...

Want to explain to me why Europe is in a recession then?  And why the gorvernments of Europe rescuing banks the same as the US?

The truth is there is plenty of blame to go around.  From Republicans to Democrates.  High income to low income homeowners.  And Leanders to Homebuyers.  Every group had a hand in making this mess, Everyone is in this togather so we need to try and stop placing blame for now and work on getting the problem fixed.

Overall business market will act the same way as the US as business relies heavilly on credit.

Customer spending won't be affected as much as in the US though ( european economies aren't as dependant on customer spending to start with too anyway as there isn't as huge of frenzy to live above your means over there as there is in the US).

All I'm saying is that in most european countries people aren't relying on a credit card for their day to day purchase ( most credit card in france for example work the same way as American Express, you have to pay the whole balance at the end of the month, no balance is carried over).

Main things customer use credit for is :

- car purchase ( and actually those that can afford paying whole price upfront do so)

- house purchase

- expensive purchase but using store credit ( the store offers the credit, the customer does not have to go looking for it). And only a small fraction of the population uses this...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Around the Network
FishyJoe said:
I also think that quite a few game developers will go under. Any game company that isn't making good profit will not be able to get credit. Without credit, you can't make games. If you can't make games, you go out of business.

I wonder how the stock holders of TTWO (Take Two Interactive) are feeling about rejecting the EA buyout now?

Holy crap, now it's down over 740 points. The NASDAQ is down over 8.3%!

Spoke too soon, down another 50 points in less than a minute. This ain't over!

Ugh you are making me depressive FJ. I am at some point that I just don't want to know it anymore X_X.

FishyJoe said:
Spoke too soon, down another 50 points in less than a minute. This ain't over!

What.

What're we sitting at?