By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - If Gears of war 3 comes to ps3 will the first to also follow?

PLEASE

PSN: franco-br
MGS4, GH, MW2, GT5p, WipeoutHD, etc..etc..

Around the Network

Gears of War is published by Microsoft Game Studios.
Maybe a remake or something. Gears of War Sigma lol.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Darc Requiem said:

XD....THIS!

amp316 said:
stof said:
If the new Mario Kart comes to the PS3, will Super Mario Kart Wii be brought to the PS3 as well?

Thank you for typing a response similar to the one that I would have.

Yeah, I was trying to think up a responce like this myself after reading the OP, but stof took care of it.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

Around the Network

No one here knows for fact that Gears 3 won't come to PS3. You can speculate all you want, but as someone above said, MS only had dibs on the first 2. While it would probably take a little money-hatting on Sony's part, it is more than possible. I'm more than sure that they wouldn't have the slightest problem finding another publisher.

What you MEAN to say is it's highly UNLIKELY to come to PS3. I don't see it coming to PS3 either, but saying it's impossible is being ignorant. IF in the "highly UNLIKELY" scenario it did come to PS3, they, as said above yet again, would probably just release a storyline database of some sort. To the extent of MGS's though, I highly doubt...Gears doesn't have nearly as complicated a story to warrant a database of that type.

^ ::chuckle:: Of course anything can happen. Sonic is on Nintendo platforms, and actually even in games with Mario! If nothing else, that proves hell can freeze over.

But the question is just so out of left field

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

Condemned 1 never came to PS3.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
Is there any basis whatsoever for the talk that Gears 3 would come to PS3?

The only thing I can think of is when N'Gai said it would come to PS3 (as well as ME 2 and 3), but even though he has inside knowledge, he can't know for sure, so I took that with a huge grain of salt.

CGI-Quality said:
@ Hawk

uuuhh that's because Sega is now making games for EVERYONE. And beyond that Nintendo now owns Sega so that part of your post is irrelevant.

@ thekitchensink

Condemned 1 was not published by M$ so it would've been on PS3 had PS3 launched sooner. Listen people there is a difference between published games and franchises that are OWNED. Here's the difference - Gran Turismo is OWNED by Sony. Final Fantasy VII was publidhed by Sony. Fable is OWNED by M$. Gears of War 1 and 2 only (as of now) are published by M$. They own the rights to those particular games in the series. But they don't OWN the whole series. Here are franchises that are OWNED not just published: (Nintendo - Mario Kart, Zelda, Metroid, Super Mario series) (Sony - Killzone, Gran Turismo, Ratchet & Clank, God of War) (Microsoft - Fable, Project Gotham Racing, Perfect Dark, I would say Halo but if I'm not mistaken M$ only owns the rights to the name "Halo" but Bungie owns the franchise itself - feel free to correct that if I'm wrong about and apologies if so. Regardless u see my point. None of the mentioned franchises will EVER see the light of day on other consoles because of OWNERSHIP not just publishing rights to one or two games within a franchise.

You actually backed me up here--the question is whether or not Gears 1 and 2 would go to PS3 if #3 did.  Obviously, the answer is 'no' because Microsoft has the rights to them.  In contrast, Condemned 1 came out on the 360 (yes, I know it's before the PS3 launched), but they released the sequel on both systems.  By the logic that the OP is suggesting, they would have ported the original to the PS3 as well.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."