By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - The Blob PC is free

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=198662

THQ has just released its bizarre yet quirky new blob rolling game, De Blob, on Wii. That costs £35. But you can get it for free... on PC.

Or at least, you can get 'The Blob' for free, and it looks damn near identical. Just look at the screenshots below.

Now, we don't know which came first, who ripped off who, but this Dutch site explains< "Gemaakt door 8 studenten Game Design & Development aan de Hogeschool voor de Kunsten Utrecht en 1 student Informatica aan de Universiteit Utrecht." Just as we thought...

A full English version of the game can be downloaded at that site (second one down on the list).

Strange, that.

// Screenshots

Around the Network

LOL.

edit: ahh that explains a lot nikkom, thanks =D

we're always original xD

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

de Blob (pc) was a project from dutch students.. THQ liked it that much and bought the rights to develop it on the consoles.. de pc version takes place in the city of Utrecht.. a real city in the Netherlands..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Does de Blob make extensive use of the motion controls?

Around the Network

The Blob was produced be students, they sold the rights to THQ. This was known since it was announced.

And there are differences between the two games.

Video of PC game.

Video of Wii game.

This is beyond funny, yet again Wii owners shell out for crap so bad it is actually meant to be free. Is this suitable behaviour for a market leader?

Mummelmann said:
This is beyond funny, yet again Wii owners shell out for crap so bad it is actually meant to be free. Is this suitable behaviour for a market leader?

You should read the other posts in the topic before coming with comments like that. Now it just looks like trolling.

This is invisible text!

Mummelmann said:

haha, i like people who jump in to conclusions, if you make some research you will know that the PC version is only one level/city demo, the wii version is full game with story, about 9 levels/cities and multiplayer. but i guess its too hard to do that when its so easy to just assume that they are the same game.

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

I did read them, it changes nothing. If the game is basically the same then it is clear (at least to me) that charging 35£ for one while the other is free is madness.
Like giving away the MGS 2 X-box version while charging full price for the PS2 version, sound right to you?