By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - The Blob PC is free

You can't honestly tell me that both versions of the game look the same. The PC version looks like... well... a student project, albeit a polished one. The Wii version looks like a professionally done game.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Around the Network

The Blob is a really good indie title which shows innovations.

Da Blob is a reimagining of The Blob.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

ssj12 said:

The PC game is also called de Blob. They're basically the same game, but the PC game only has one stage, and the Wii has a lot more (I haven't tried the Wii version, only the PC one)

zexen_lowe said:
ssj12 said:

The PC game is also called de Blob. They're basically the same game, but the PC game only has one stage, and the Wii has a lot more (I haven't tried the Wii version, only the PC one)

I know.... this is why I called De Blob a reimagining of the game. Its basically the same but new character skin, sounds, physics, and multi-levels.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Mummelmann said:
This is beyond funny, yet again Wii owners shell out for crap so bad it is actually meant to be free. Is this suitable behaviour for a market leader?

Isn't that kind of like saying that a bowl of soup you got at an upper-class restraunt should be free because soup kitchens exist? De Blob certainly seems to be based on the concept of The Blob, but it still looks like a completely different experience.

I hate to beat a dead horse, but I don't come up with these clever analogies too often, heh.

Around the Network
Teqonix said:
Mummelmann said:
This is beyond funny, yet again Wii owners shell out for crap so bad it is actually meant to be free. Is this suitable behaviour for a market leader?

Isn't that kind of like saying that a bowl of soup you got at an upper-class restraunt should be free because soup kitchens exist? De Blob certainly seems to be based on the concept of The Blob, but it still looks like a completely different experience.

Hmmm, no. Firstly, there isn't any "The Blob", both are "de Blob". Second, they are exactly the same (same objectives, gameplay -obviously different controls, one uses wiimote/nunchuk ond the other uses mouse-), only that one is a short demo and the other is a full game

zexen_lowe said:
Teqonix said:
Mummelmann said:

Hmmm, no. Firstly, there isn't any "The Blob", both are "de Blob". Second, they are exactly the same (same objectives, gameplay -obviously different controls, one uses wiimote/nunchuk ond the other uses mouse-), only that one is a short demo and the other is a full game

So....why get a full game when you can get a demo? I dunna understand.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Wow at the ignorance of some posters here.

De Blob was originally a student project from Utrecht, I played and finished it over a year ago, and it took me less than an hour. There's only one level, there's no goal in the game other than just painting the buildings and the graphics were very basic.

THQ bought the rights of De Blob and made it a full-fledged game with awesome graphics, physics, a 10 hour+ single player, challenges, multiplayer, unlockables, FMV movies, etc.

To summarize, The original De Blob was a cool student project, De Blob for Wii is one of the best third party games on the Wii.

So trolls: shut it.

This game is full price?

zexen_lowe said:

From looking at both videos of the student-created game and the Wii/PC version, I'd say they're both the same concept. If you compare and contrast the two, you can see that the Wii/PC version that has been in development by a professional team is miles ahead of the student-produced game.

Granted, the student produced version has the same basic mechanics as the full version, but it seems much less polished and a seemingly different experience due to the size of your character and scale of the world. I just don't see how you can call both of these the same game. The same concept, certainly. Game, no way.