By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - DS/Wii will have the top 10 selling games this generation

I was just looking at the million sellers and noticed that with the additon of Mario Kart Wii and Wii Fit, the top 10 games on current gen systems (Wii,DS,360,PS3, and PSP) will all be on Nintendo platforms.

1) Wii Sports: 29.29

2) Nintendogs: 19.68

3) Poke'mon Diamond/Pearl: 15.93

4) New Super Mario Bros: 15.77

5) Wii Play: 15.14

6) Brain Training: 14.21

7) More Brain Training: 12.13

8) Mario Kart DS: 12.02

9) Animal Crossing: Wild World 9.78

10) Halo 3: 8.26

11) Mario Kart Wii: 8.26

12) Wii Fit: 8.16

Other possible contenders...

13) Super Mario Galaxy: 7.02

14) Super Smash Brothers Brawl 6.99

Next week sales of Wii Fit will be past Halo 3 and the top 10 will not only be on Nintendo systems, but will be published by Nintendo as well. However this is excluding multiplat titles, but I think in time the top 10, including multiplatform, will be all Nintendo published games. Currently GTA 4 is the biggest road block in the way and Mario Kart Wii and Wii Fit will surely pass it within a few months, maybe even by the end of the year.

Your thoughts?

Around the Network

Seems about right, but if MS releases a halo 4 near the end of xbox 360 life then that might break into the top 10. Also we still don't know how well a final fantasy or a Gran tourismo will do yet.

Interesting. We're looking at the possibility, by end of gen, of the top ten list being made up of only 10 million+ sellers.

Has that ever happened before?

RolStoppable said:
Nintendo at their rightful place.

Amen

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Only thing that has a chance to Ruin that would be a Halo 4 or GT5...

Former something....

Around the Network

Also all of the games in this list are still selling more than 50k a week, so I think by the time GT 5, FF 13, or Halo 4 come out the target to get into the top 10 could be as high as 14-15 million.

I don't think Halo 4 will do as well, as 3, despite a larger install base. There won't be anywhere near as large an advertisement rush, and it seems the expectations for 3 weren't quite met for many fans.

Okami

To lavish praise upon this title, the assumption of a common plateau between player and game must be made.  I won't open my unworthy mouth.

Christian (+50).  Arminian(+20). AG adherent(+20). YEC(+20). Pre-tribulation Pre-milleniumist (+10).  Republican (+15) Capitalist (+15).  Pro-Nintendo (+5).  Misc. stances (+30).  TOTAL SCORE: 195
  http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=43870 <---- Fun theology quiz

but but but

LBP will sell 6000000000m sales first day :(

Khuutra said:
Interesting. We're looking at the possibility, by end of gen, of the top ten list being made up of only 10 million+ sellers.

Has that ever happened before?

Not even close.

Last gen saw the PS2 with 4 games over 10 million while no GC or Xbox title came within 1.5 million of hitting 10 million.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Wow, i didn't realize that. Looks like nintendo is owning the competition.