By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - ... And there it is. Mario Kart Wii just caught up to Halo 3.

But a year after launch, at least 1 in 8 Halo 3 players play online in a given week, whereas there are a lot of sad little Marios sitting on people's shelves less than a year in. I like Galaxy a lot. Mario Kart is fun but I don't care much. It's disposable - nothing too new or exciting there.

But I'd much rather have a game that is tweaked monthly and regularly expanded/updated and regularly played for months and months and months after launch than a game that sells more but whose pre user lifespan is limited. It's a better blueprint for the future of gaming. See Burnout Paradise on both PS3 and 360 for a similar good buy for consumers.

Having Halo 3 be a bigger seller would be better for gamers in that respect.

But whatever. Like most of the discussions we get all worked over on this site, it don't matter at all.

Can't we all just get along and play our games in peace?

Around the Network
fastyxx said:
But a year after launch, at least 1 in 8 Halo 3 players play online in a given week, whereas there are a lot of sad little Marios sitting on people's shelves less than a year in. I like Galaxy a lot. Mario Kart is fun but I don't care much. It's disposable - nothing too new or exciting there.

But I'd much rather have a game that is tweaked monthly and regularly expanded/updated and regularly played for months and months and months after launch than a game that sells more but whose pre user lifespan is limited. It's a better blueprint for the future of gaming. See Burnout Paradise on both PS3 and 360 for a similar good buy for consumers.

But whatever. Like most of the discussions we get all worked over on this site, it don't matter at all.

you have never played mario kart wii online have you? i dont know where you are getting this mario kart wii collecting dust in shelves, i thought that was wii's job?

halo 3 has been hurt by the awesomeness of COD4, most of my xbox360 owning friends play cod4 more than halo 3.

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

1 in 8 still play Halo 3 after a year? I'd bet that at least 1 in 4 eventual Mario Kart Wii owners won't even buy it until it's been on the shelves for a year.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

It was a matter of seconds until haters started to say MKWii is a POS and blah blah blah.

I don't get the sudden hate when game A passes game B. Calm down, specially fastyxx.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

fastyxx said:

... Wow. You're joking, right? You think people aren't still playing Mario Kart, and more importantly that they won't be in about a year? I mean, seriously? Do you have any basis whatsoever to think this?

Around the Network

Kudos to Halo 3 for holding out this long. 8 million is a huge fucking deal for MicroSoft. Congratulations and condolences are in order.

However, 8 million is chump change to Nintendo. This will happen a few more times this generation.

Metal gar solid deserves to be the number 1 game but i very very much doubt that will hapen.

MANUELF said:
And Wii Fit will outsell Halo 3 next week

Huh Wii Fit wasn't already ahead of it.  Interesting.  I STILL see Wii Fit sold out signs at some places.

I wanna pick up MK Wii eventually.  Just not too inclined to buying games right now when i've got Spore and Fire Emblem.

Kasz216 said:
MANUELF said:
And Wii Fit will outsell Halo 3 next week

Huh Wii Fit wasn't already ahead of it.  Interesting.  I STILL see Wii Fit sold out signs at some places.

I wanna pick up MK Wii eventually.  Just not too inclined to buying games right now when i've got Spore and Fire Emblem.

In an interesting series of coincidences three times in the past month I have noticed a Wii Fit sitting in a store, only for the store to sell that last one while I was there.

in my area.

people still get in line before store openings on "first day of sale" to buy wii and wiifit.....and it still sells out in under a day.

has ANYTHING in the history of consumer electronics been Essentially Sold out-6 days a week- (in the United States) -while shipping enormous quantity of product- for 2 full Years?

just over 1 month to go and the Wii will pretty much has done it for nintendo.