By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - dsi= fail here's why

Viper1 said:
nintendo792612 said:
Gnizmo said:
The only thing on your list that will hurt the sales is the price. I am curious to see how it fairs given how expensive it will be.

its not that the camera and srceen  will hurt the sales its just useless i was expecting a 2.0 mp not a .3

why increase the srceen

Lol, it's a 3.0 MP camera, not 0.3.

actually, it is 0.3. I just finish checking multiple sites, and the only site that I saw that has it as 3 MP is Kotaku.

OT: I agree with u, I occassionaly play some GBA games, and the fact that it practically adds nothing, and if it is 50 bucks more expensive, that's just a bad deal IMO.

Around the Network

OP = FAIL!

I will still by a DSi, I don't have a Lite but my brother and sister do. I love the GBA slot, but I have my Phat for that. Pokemon Diamond will have to be played on my Phat or sister's Lite if I want to trade things from my future Emerald and Fire Red.

Ignore Post.

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits
Valkyria00 said:

OP = FAIL!

Damn... you beat me too it!

OP: It's funny... I didn't get a DS lite... It didn't appeal to me for some strange reason... and for another strange reason, The DSi does appeal to me...

If this is what Failure feels like, then maybe we've all misinterpreted the meaning of "EPIC FAIL", which before this post, I would've used to describe this thread.

EDIT:
"it costs too much=aleady a fail"

^For some reason, reading this makes me think you don't approve of the PS3 very much....

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits
Around the Network
Bursche said:
Its a great move. Now a lot of the Phat owners (like me) who did not upgrade to the DS Lite, has some incentive to upgrade now that it is not just a screen or audio upgrade.

IMO, DS Lite has much worse audio than the Phat. Lite is too quiet IMO. Phat's is perfect. I wonder if it will be better than the Phat, I doubt it, but like I said....I want a DSi! TC fails!

nintendo792612 said:

it costs too much=aleady a fail

launchs with 2 colors why not copy the colors of ds lite

the cameras horrible

the sreen size increase is pointless come on .25 more inches

NO GBA SLOT

Oh my, anonymous internet guy out guesses successful company once again. 

the2bears - the indie shmup blog

So full of phail is u.

1. Price = based on Japan it will be *at most* $20 more than the DS Lite and I believe IGN quoted Cathy or ?? from NOA that it should be around $130 in the US.

2. Camera = just fine for its purpose. Until very recently almost all cell phones that had cameras where the same quality level. People who will be using the camera on this are the same who use the camera on their phones. They will think it is perfect. Plus, if they add some new cool games with the inner/outer cameras it will rock.

3. GBA slot. umm so? People who have to have that BC will just keep the DSL as it seems they are the same machine. 99.9% of the exact same game base in the in IMO.

4. Screen size. lol, seriously? It's a better quality and larger. .25 is a decent upgrade when your only talking 3.0 to begin with. Plus the DS hasn't had any troubles selling with only a 3.0 screen.

Now you missed the only really drawback. Power consumption. It is undoing the increase in longevity that you gained with the DSL. That kinda sucks, but it will still outlast the PSP.

Then you have the other gains over the DSL. Music and video playback. Potential handheld equivalent of VC and Wiiware, this is huge!!! All via a better wifi technology. So loss of direct GBA slot but gain the potential of all GB lines of games for free, $2, $5, or $8 max. That is awesome! and way better than anything PSP offers.

Man, I love my Gameboy Micro. It is the best handheld I own.

Maybe the DSi will be just as cool.

It depends what you mean by fail.

It will make them a profit. So I don't consider it to be a possible failure.

Profit = success.

It won't "beat" the DS, probably not even the PSP, but the touch screen market isn't saturated yet. Once it is, then they will make a big innovation.

Edit: and I am willing to bet that Nintendo Ware will include VC DS games, GB, GBC, GBA, etc at some point.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.