By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - dsi= fail here's why

Gnizmo said:
The only thing on your list that will hurt the sales is the price. I am curious to see how it fairs given how expensive it will be.

its not that the camera and srceen  will hurt the sales its just useless i was expecting a 2.0 mp not a .3

why increase the srceen

consoles i own ps12 gba ds gc wii

Around the Network

besides you can download games on dsware GBA, GB, GBcolor,Game and Watch, and maybe nes games, Gamegear Wonderswan, N - Gage..lol.

GLoRySoGLoRy said:
besides you can download games on dsware GBA, GB, GBcolor,Game and Watch, and maybe nes games, Gamegear Wonderswan, N - Gage..lol.

show me the link it said dsware not ds vc

consoles i own ps12 gba ds gc wii

lets assume they will do that

Im not sure about N gage..lol

nintendo792612 said:
Gnizmo said:
The only thing on your list that will hurt the sales is the price. I am curious to see how it fairs given how expensive it will be.

its not that the camera and srceen  will hurt the sales its just useless i was expecting a 2.0 mp not a .3

why increase the srceen

Why not increase the screen size? I imagine it was cheaper or somehow more efficient for them to use the larger screens for whatever reasons.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Around the Network
nintendo792612 said:
Gnizmo said:

why increase the srceen

Lol, it's a 3.0 MP camera, not 0.3.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

nintendo792612 said:

it costs too much=aleady a fail

launchs with 2 colors why not copy the colors of ds lite

the cameras horrible

the sreen size increase is pointless come on .25 more inches

NO GBA SLOT

Listen, ummm....if you are going to criticize the new model, at least know all of your information. There are two cameras, where one has a VGA quality and is 3.0 megapixels.

The increase in screen size, though small in number, actually does seem significant enough...at least it is better than no improvement in screen size.

With a decrease in size, better speakers, onboard memory, ability to download games to your DSi, web browsers, cameras and more, what's the problem.

Oh and the price of the system is not really a problem....for example, people in Japan are currently buying the DS Lite for a $150, despite people in the US paying $120.

Explanation of sig:

I am a Pakistani.....my name is Dan....how hard is that? (Don't ask about the 101...apparantely there are more of me out there....)

The gba slot is a waste. i hate the way the cart sticks out when i play w/ the dslite. i'm preety shure the removal isn't a problem for most people.

camera isn't as shitty as you think. 3.0 is bad, but in no way horrible.

why the fuck would nintendo release the dsi with all the colours of the lite? that's just stupidity in itself.

a small increase in both screens is welcome addition. the resolution, i believe, hasn't been improved, so making it any bigger wouldn't have helped.

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask is the best Zelda title ever made.

"The Person Who Got the Closest to Winning the 1st VGC VC Giveaway, but still lost"

I don't care about GBA slot especially when i already got GBA and DS lite.And i happy that they attatched camera with DSi too.

I feel a bit uncomfortable with lower battery life ,but its ok.Not a big deal for me. :3

GBA slot wont hurt mass market. DSi will be very popular. Hardcore gamers already own a DS, and many of them will buy a DSi. Nintendo doesn't acre about a few thousand holdouts when they will get 2.5M additional units sold in Japan.
BTW, will the bigger screen ruin the resolution of games and make them even more pixalated? Because I can't stand how pixally 3D DS games are... 2D games are great though on DS.