By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How does the xbox 360 have better game libary then PS3?

saprano1 said:
I dont undrstand how are you guys using scores based everybody else's opinion? and the 360 has more games of course its going to have better scores in there favor (in who ever's opinion) the point i was trying to make was that how is the 360's library better? somebody please explain. that scoring crap dont mean anything, i was trying to say (before those 2...3 clowns started to say i was crazy) ps3 and 360 basically have the same 3rd party games yes, but witch of the console exclusives do you like? you like gears and fable then the 360 is for you. you like resistance and LBP then the ps3 is for you. and you get the multiplats to go with them. you decide witch system is the best for "you"......how am i crazy?

Cause the question is who has the better libray that would be the one with more games and more highly rated games the answer to both questions is tyhe 360.  If you asked what system should I pick up your answer above is valid

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

Around the Network
twesterm said:

I'm going to use every thing in my power to make this as clear as possible...

How does the xbox 360 have better game library than PS3?
  • OPINION!!!!!

Depends how you look at it.

If you look at numbers/scores, 360 has a bigger and better library.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyLhpUPNPIs

360 IS OPERATIONAL AFTER 37 DAYS!

Skeeuk said:
gebx said:
http://www.metacritic.com/games/xbox360/scores/

474 Games total, 113 have a 80%+ rating, 15 with 90%+

PS3
http://www.metacritic.com/games/ps3/scores/

214 games total, 68 have 80%+, 5 have 90%+

16 month earlier on the market with nearly 200 games extra, its obvious 360 has a larger library, some great games were released in that time, so out of them extra games you are bound to find many 90+ and 80+ titles, that should explain the question that the op asked. going towards the end of 2008 and going into 2009 ps3e titles are looking much better. if ppl want to go round playing 2yer old games thats fine by me!

OK CHILL!!

like everyone has to play THE NEW HOTNESS OF THE MONTH!

I'm pretty sure you can enjoy a game even if it 2 years old (which is still pretty new if you ask me).

That's why retro gaming is all the rage, people still play 10+ year old games and enjoy them.

Point is, a Library is just that, a library.

If library's carried only NEW books (or games in this case) it wouldn't be a library. And denying the fact that 360 has a better library just because it has "old" games is foolishness/BAFOONARY at it's finest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyLhpUPNPIs

360 IS OPERATIONAL AFTER 37 DAYS!

kowenicki said:
@ soprano,

unfortunately your opinion isnt fact, its just your opinion. metacritic is an average of many opinions - which pretty much makes it fact.

uh, NO.  Opinions are opinions.  Having a lot of the same opinion does not make it fact.  As for metacritic, it list games that have at least 5 reviews or more.  That is not a list of available games, it is a list of reviewed games.  The actual difference as far as I can tell, is somewhere between 50 and 100 games more for the 360.  Most of those games came out in the 1st and 2nd year for the 360.  In contrast the PS2 has more than 1000 more games than the original Xbox.  That is a superior game library.

BottledSpringWater said:
Skeeuk said:
gebx said:
http://www.metacritic.com/games/xbox360/scores/

474 Games total, 113 have a 80%+ rating, 15 with 90%+

PS3
http://www.metacritic.com/games/ps3/scores/

214 games total, 68 have 80%+, 5 have 90%+

16 month earlier on the market with nearly 200 games extra, its obvious 360 has a larger library, some great games were released in that time, so out of them extra games you are bound to find many 90+ and 80+ titles, that should explain the question that the op asked. going towards the end of 2008 and going into 2009 ps3e titles are looking much better. if ppl want to go round playing 2yer old games thats fine by me!

OK CHILL!!

like everyone has to play THE NEW HOTNESS OF THE MONTH!

I'm pretty sure you can enjoy a game even if it 2 years old (which is still pretty new if you ask me).

That's why retro gaming is all the rage, people still play 10+ year old games and enjoy them.

Point is, a Library is just that, a library.

If library's carried only NEW books (or games in this case) it wouldn't be a library. And denying the fact that 360 has a better library just because it has "old" games is foolishness/BAFOONARY at it's finest.

Well said just put in Graw a few weeks ago, still a fun game dont care how old, the best part of old games is the price

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Around the Network
xman said:
Diomedes1976 said:
Metacritic doesnt mean anything in this.

Reason?Listen

1)There are a lot of games that are both in the PS3 and the 360 and the 360 counts as a 90+ and the PS3 one a 80+ just because the PS3 game was released some months later(GRAW2,Colin Mc Rae DiRT,many others).

2)There are absolutely heaps of Live Arcade games in the Xbox list over 70 and 80.Admittedly theres some PSN games too but far less and to be brutally fair the less that 50Mb Live games can hardly compete with the GT5P ,Warhawk ,Wipeout HD ,Siren and other PSN offerings.We are comparing here apples and oranges ,basically ,but the Live oranges are very numerous and distorsionate the raw numbers.

3)THe PS1 games in the store arent counted.The better example ....Castlevania Symphony of the Night is in both plattforms but only counts as a 90+ in the 360 as the PSN game is a PS3/PSP offering.This is absolutely unfair ,as many 360 offerings are old games(Rez,Soul Calibur,many more) yet the PS3 cant count the old PS1 games in its gamerankings numbers.

4)Many of the games that make the difference in the total numbers are old iterations of the sports franchises ,and old games as GRAW1 and Condemned1.While Condemned 1 could be argued as a different game ,I think nobody in its sense would imply the 360 library is better because having Madden 06 and Madden 07 ,Tiger Woods 06 and 07 ,NBA Live ,NBA 2k,NHL ,NHL 2K ,Fifa and the awful PES6 from years past.The same with GH2(a solid 90+ in the 360 list while the better GH3 has less in both PS3 and 360..),GRAW1 and a couple other games.

All this makes that the metacritic comparisions should be vastly adjusted.

Right now ,the PS3 and the 360 have comparable libraries.The 360 has better JRPG(although not a single AAA title there) and the PS3 has better plattform games ,better music games(it adds Singstar to the Rockband and GH),and some things more original (Eye of Judgement).All in all ,comparable.

Ok read and listened!

1) I agree with that you are getting and old ported game and if you have pay $60.00 as in the case of bioshock thats a rip off for the PS3 owner so I agree with it getting a lower rating

2) The live games are amazing you should give them a try castle crashers and Braid are truly STUNNING games.  You are judging them cause of there file szie.  By the way the limit is 250mb know and braid was 144 mb.  But I dont care if it was 20mb the game is awesome.  Your right there are a large number of live games and they were rated highly cause they are awesome just goes to show it has a better library

3)That one I will give you

4) So what you can still buy the old games such as GRAW again more games, highly rated better libaray.  A library includes the older games yes 360 came out first and that is part of the reason for its bigger library, so what its bigger and better

No what you mean is right know PS3 and 360 are roughly getting the same amount of games. the library is sitll bigger and better on the 360.

Still ,its the same.Most of the 15 90+ games on the 360 are on the PS3 too ....just with a lower score because released some months later.For the user is the same ,and for the richness of the library is the same .....we can argue it has a better library because in gamerankings those equally good games have a 0.2 difference between them because released late on the PS3.

The old sports games are outdated ,and still count for a good 15+ games in the 80+ range for the 360.Yes ,it was an advantage back then ...when the PS3 wasnt even in the market.Right now ,they arent as you can buy the 2008 and 2009 versions for the PS3 the 2008 at discounted price too.

The Live games may be great ,not denying it.BUT ,and its a big BUT ,they are scored based on their price and limitations.A 90 for a Live arcade game isnt the same that for a full release.If Rez was released with a 69 price tag I assure you it wouldnt get so good an score.But the PSN games are many times 29-39 dollars and have up to 9GB of data(Siren for example).Its comparing apples and oranges,and the apples of the Live make for a massive bulk of the difference of the libraries in metacritic.

I think my points are perfectly valid.If we would take out the Live/PSN only games ,the old sports games ,GHII (useless if you have the superior GH3 with a lot more downloadable content) and some other little adjusts you would see a very different landscape.

saprano1 said:

I dont undrstand how are you guys using scores based everybody else's opinion? and the 360 has more games of course its going to have better scores in there favor (in who ever's opinion) the point i was trying to make was that how is the 360's library better? somebody please explain. that scoring crap dont mean anything, i was trying to say (before those 2...3 clowns started to say i was crazy) ps3 and 360 basically have the same 3rd party games yes, but witch of the console exclusives do you like? you like gears and fable then the 360 is for you. you like resistance and LBP then the ps3 is for you. and you get the multiplats to go with them. you decide witch system is the best for "you"......how am i crazy?

that's absolutely right.

Unfortunately is this thread about the library of both consoles and a library contains every single game available on that platform.

You can't just pick 2 games out of 474/214

@Skeeuk

Agreed (though Microsoft has some aces left for 2009) . Some 2 year old games are very good  => Gears, Saints Row, PGR3, DOA4, Dead Rising are all worth a buy

Diomedes1976 said:
xman said:
Diomedes1976 said:
Metacritic doesnt mean anything in this.

Reason?Listen

1)There are a lot of games that are both in the PS3 and the 360 and the 360 counts as a 90+ and the PS3 one a 80+ just because the PS3 game was released some months later(GRAW2,Colin Mc Rae DiRT,many others).

2)There are absolutely heaps of Live Arcade games in the Xbox list over 70 and 80.Admittedly theres some PSN games too but far less and to be brutally fair the less that 50Mb Live games can hardly compete with the GT5P ,Warhawk ,Wipeout HD ,Siren and other PSN offerings.We are comparing here apples and oranges ,basically ,but the Live oranges are very numerous and distorsionate the raw numbers.

3)THe PS1 games in the store arent counted.The better example ....Castlevania Symphony of the Night is in both plattforms but only counts as a 90+ in the 360 as the PSN game is a PS3/PSP offering.This is absolutely unfair ,as many 360 offerings are old games(Rez,Soul Calibur,many more) yet the PS3 cant count the old PS1 games in its gamerankings numbers.

4)Many of the games that make the difference in the total numbers are old iterations of the sports franchises ,and old games as GRAW1 and Condemned1.While Condemned 1 could be argued as a different game ,I think nobody in its sense would imply the 360 library is better because having Madden 06 and Madden 07 ,Tiger Woods 06 and 07 ,NBA Live ,NBA 2k,NHL ,NHL 2K ,Fifa and the awful PES6 from years past.The same with GH2(a solid 90+ in the 360 list while the better GH3 has less in both PS3 and 360..),GRAW1 and a couple other games.

All this makes that the metacritic comparisions should be vastly adjusted.

Right now ,the PS3 and the 360 have comparable libraries.The 360 has better JRPG(although not a single AAA title there) and the PS3 has better plattform games ,better music games(it adds Singstar to the Rockband and GH),and some things more original (Eye of Judgement).All in all ,comparable.

Ok read and listened!

1) I agree with that you are getting and old ported game and if you have pay $60.00 as in the case of bioshock thats a rip off for the PS3 owner so I agree with it getting a lower rating

2) The live games are amazing you should give them a try castle crashers and Braid are truly STUNNING games.  You are judging them cause of there file szie.  By the way the limit is 250mb know and braid was 144 mb.  But I dont care if it was 20mb the game is awesome.  Your right there are a large number of live games and they were rated highly cause they are awesome just goes to show it has a better library

3)That one I will give you

4) So what you can still buy the old games such as GRAW again more games, highly rated better libaray.  A library includes the older games yes 360 came out first and that is part of the reason for its bigger library, so what its bigger and better

No what you mean is right know PS3 and 360 are roughly getting the same amount of games. the library is sitll bigger and better on the 360.

Still ,its the same.Most of the 15 90+ games on the 360 are on the PS3 too ....just with a lower score because released some months later.For the user is the same ,and for the richness of the library is the same .....we can argue it has a better library because in gamerankings those equally good games have a 0.2 difference between them because released late on the PS3.

The old sports games are outdated ,and still count for a good 15+ games in the 80+ range for the 360.Yes ,it was an advantage back then ...when the PS3 wasnt even in the market.Right now ,they arent as you can buy the 2008 and 2009 versions for the PS3 the 2008 at discounted price too.

The Live games may be great ,not denying it.BUT ,and its a big BUT ,they are scored based on their price and limitations.A 90 for a Live arcade game isnt the same that for a full release.If Rez was released with a 69 price tag I assure you it wouldnt get so good an score.But the PSN games are many times 29-39 dollars and have up to 9GB of data(Siren for example).Its comparing apples and oranges,and the apples of the Live make for a massive bulk of the difference of the libraries in metacritic.

I think my points are perfectly valid.If we would take out the Live/PSN only games ,the old sports games ,GHII (useless if you have the superior GH3 with a lot more downloadable content) and some other little adjusts you would see a very different landscape.

Right your first point MOST of the 15 90+ games are on the PS3 but not all y.  As we are stating this is who has the best LIBRARY of games and your first point even admits 360 has more!

SO 15 games are old sports games well 360 has 113 and PS3 has 68 factor in your 15 thats still 3o more games, and its not about price its abount quantanty and quality for a library

So what if its based on price and limitations nice to have a library with some cheap good games and some expensive good games thats what makes a library great variety.

I agree you would have a different landscape but in the end the 360 would have more games and more high rated games hence a better library

According to the reviewed games at metacritc,
96% of PS3 games score 70% or higher, 78% of 360 games score 70% or higher
34% of PS3 games score 80% or higher, 25% of 360 games score 80% or higher
2% of PS3 games score 90% or higher, 3% of 360 games score 90% or higher

twesterm said:

I'm going to use every thing in my power to make this as clear as possible...

How does the xbox 360 have better game library than PS3?
  • OPINION!!!!!

THANK YOU.

To all you people who say Metacritic is the answer, you're pretty much saying that opinions of critics are far superior to anybody elses. Lots of people sharing a common opinion is never a fact. Think for yourselves.

Example: I couldn't give two craps if Disgaea 3 gets 6's and 7's. To me, Disgaea 3 is a game that deserves 11's. Halo is considered to be GOD amongst critics, yet I dislike the series. Same goes for Gears of War.

PSN: Second_City
360: Akiba61