By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Dead Rising trailer.

twesterm said:
It looks better but anytime he's in the mall common area you can just look around him and see...nothing. I didn't get far in Dead Rising on the 360 but I remember never having that problem.

Again, the Wii's CPU is not triple core. So it can't handle the AI of nearly a thousand zombies in one area. A few hundred at best, which means there will be blank spots. It could be that there are things to make up for that, or not, but we have to wait and see.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network
LordTheNightKnight said:
twesterm said:
It looks better but anytime he's in the mall common area you can just look around him and see...nothing. I didn't get far in Dead Rising on the 360 but I remember never having that problem.

Again, the Wii's CPU is not triple core. So it can't handle the AI of nearly a thousand zombies in one area. A few hundred at best, which means there will be blank spots. It could be that there are things to make up for that, or not, but we have to wait and see.

You can keep getting frustrated that people are upset about the lack of zombies but it's a pretty valid complaint when it's one of the main features of the game they're taking out no matter what the excuse.

Onyxmeth said:

Unless there is some new bounce in the zombie's steps, this is going to be a cakewalk. Maybe they should just make it one hit kills for Frank so it's still difficult, otherwise I just don't see how it's going to be challenging carting survivors around a group of a dozen zombies. Having this few zombies on the screen really kills the purpose and appeal of this game. Capcom doesn't seem to understand their own IP. People were not clamoring for RE4 style gun controls, especially considering how often you use melee weapons and not guns in combat. They just want a crapload of zombies to have to avoid or kill. Overall this project seems like it's as misplaced on the Wii as Boom Blox would be on the 360.

That's only if the gameplay is exactly the same. They could have weapons break sooner. Respawns could be more frequent. Zombies could take more hits to go down. Or the new control would prevent you just swinging away as in the 360 version.

They may not implement these, but the trailer isn't enough to tell if they won't or not.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

twesterm said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
twesterm said:

You can keep getting frustrated that people are upset about the lack of zombies but it's a pretty valid complaint when it's one of the main features of the game they're taking out no matter what the excuse.

I'm not claiming the lack of zombies isn't a valid complaint. I'm just pointing out it's not a valid reason to bash this version, without knowing exactly how that will make the game play.

LordTheNightKnight said:
Onyxmeth said:

Unless there is some new bounce in the zombie's steps, this is going to be a cakewalk. Maybe they should just make it one hit kills for Frank so it's still difficult, otherwise I just don't see how it's going to be challenging carting survivors around a group of a dozen zombies. Having this few zombies on the screen really kills the purpose and appeal of this game. Capcom doesn't seem to understand their own IP. People were not clamoring for RE4 style gun controls, especially considering how often you use melee weapons and not guns in combat. They just want a crapload of zombies to have to avoid or kill. Overall this project seems like it's as misplaced on the Wii as Boom Blox would be on the 360.

That's only if the gameplay is exactly the same. They could have weapons break sooner. Respawns could be more frequent. Zombies could take more hits to go down. Or the new control would prevent you just swinging away as in the 360 version.

They may not implement these, but the trailer isn't enough to tell if they won't or not.

Your suggestions don't help much in regards to getting survivors to safety. The difficulty comes in bashing zombies in to create escape avenues. If there are already avenues, it just comes down to you having good movement skills. I just don't think this was the right project for Capcom to choose for the Wii because it was a game that truly played to the strengths of the 360's hardware, not the Wii's. From what i've seen in videos, the Wii's strengths in motion controls don't seem to make up for the losses. I would have preferred Devil May Cry 4 or Lost Planet to be the game Capcom decided to port, because I feel the Wii could have handled either of them better than Dead Rising.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network

Wow.

You are really defending this game to the death.

The game looks muddy. There are little Zombies on screen. The little bit of Zombies on screen have circle shadows.

There is no way to paint this good.

Onyxmeth said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Onyxmeth said:

Your suggestions don't help much in regards to getting survivors to safety. The difficulty comes in bashing zombies in to create escape avenues. If there are already avenues, it just comes down to you having good movement skills. I just don't think this was the right project for Capcom to choose for the Wii because it was a game that truly played to the strengths of the 360's hardware, not the Wii's. From what i've seen in videos, the Wii's strengths in motion controls don't seem to make up for the losses. I would have preferred Devil May Cry 4 or Lost Planet to be the game Capcom decided to port, because I feel the Wii could have handled either of them better than Dead Rising.

Okay, that's a valid issue, also why it hasn't been ported to the PS3 yet.

They could still find a way to fill that in, but if they don't, that would be a problem.

LordTheNightKnight said:
twesterm said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
twesterm said:

I'm not claiming the lack of zombies isn't a valid complaint. I'm just pointing out it's not a valid reason to bash this version, without knowing exactly how that will make the game play.

I think lack of zombies is a perfectly good reason to bash this version, without knowing exactly how that will make the game play...because I can certainly get an idea:  not as fun as the original!

It just looks dull and clunky compared to the 360 version...without the bloom and advanced lighting, it really does look dull, I'm sorry.  But I could probably get over that...the lack of zombies though...they'll have to do an amazing job on the game to make up for that.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

DMeisterJ said:
Wow.

The game looks muddy. There are little Zombies on screen. The little bit of Zombies on screen have circle shadows.

Because I stated it wasn't possible for this game to suck...

Oh wait, I did not. You people are claiming it's not possible fix this.

LordTheNightKnight said:
DMeisterJ said:
Wow.

Because I stated it wasn't possible for this game to suck...

Oh wait, I did not. You people are claiming it's not possible fix this.

It is possible to fix but have they given us any reason to assume they have?  So far it's been lackluster trailer after lackluster trailer hoping to sell the game purely on controls and Wii userbase.