By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon Diamond or Pearl?

I recently bought a DS and have not played a pokemon game since the Silver/Gold days.

I remember back then there were differences between the paired up versions.

SO was wondering which is the better choice out of Diamond and Pearl?

Wii number: 2758-1649-6225-4782

Click here to level up my license!

Around the Network

Diamond -

Dialga
Mime Jr.
Skunky
Skunktank
Cranidos
Evolved Cranidos

Pearl -

Palkia
Bonsly
Glameo
Purgley
[Triceratops pokemon, forgot the name]
[evolved form of triceratops pokemon...]

Those are the only differences Pokemon wise that I can remember. The story is the same on both. Gameplay is also the same. I think on pearl the menu's may look a bit more colorful and pink. Not sure about that though. Ask someone else.
If you pick either tape you'll get the same experiences, and there is trading over wifi globally, so you don't really have to worry about getting the other pokemon from the other tape.

Sorry If I spelt any of the pokemon's names wrong...

EDITED.

4 ≈ One

wait platinum.

I just bought Pearl becaues my roomate had Diamond. He convinced me to buy the game after I had given up on pokemon XD!

It really doensn't matter what game you get. As long as you know someone who owns the other or have wifi, you should be find. It all depends on who you thinks is more awesome--Dialga or Palkia.

3DS FC: 1306 6473 7511

Nintendod Network ID: xsorenx

Add me for Pokemon, New Leaf, and Fire Emblem, Mario Kart 8.

Diamond. Dialga looks so much cooler than Palkia, and that's all that matters.

Around the Network
Jo21 said:
wait platinum.

If you can do that [doesn't have a release date] then that works to.

4 ≈ One

If you dont want to wait for Platinum buy Pearl, a lot more people own Diamond than Pearl

Yeah, depends on what you're interested in.
I hear that Platinum is going to have a bunch of extra content, just like what Yellow was to Blue and Red, what Crystal was to Silver and Gold and Emerald was to Sapphire and Ruby. That's what I'm waiting for myself.

Personally, I'd go for Diamond. I've always had a preference towards the blue spectrum, and indeed, there is also the point where it's less girly than pearls, but as has been mentioned, I have a feeling most people go that route, so it's much harder to find people who have Pearl.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her