By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Palin/Biden Debate Thread!

Sam Yikin said:
Jackson50 said:
How anyone could paint this as a positive for Palin is beyond me. She was a stumblin, tumblin and mumblin mess.

But she didn't trip and fall on her face. Anything more than that was seen as beating expectations.

How was she going to trip and fall? She was not going to say anything astonishingly stupid. Even she knows better than that. The bottom line is that she looked horrendous during this debate.

Around the Network

Its not even really necessary to point out all the holes in what Palin had to say, beyond the fact that she refused to answer most of the questions the moderator asked her.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

wow palin was fucking awesome they way she looked and talked to the people and the winks she did on tv a couple times. i believe the public loved it and ate it up palin won hands down and biden looked like an ass and him choking up was fake more fake then hillary choking up. palin lovable and related with the common people my favorite line "say it ain't so joe." was a line that reagan used perfect and effective.

Jackson50 said:
How anyone could paint this as a positive for Palin is beyond me. She was a stumblin, tumblin and mumblin mess.

Hands held high?

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

Jackson50 said:
Sam Yikin said:
Jackson50 said:

But she didn't trip and fall on her face. Anything more than that was seen as beating expectations.

How was she going to trip and fall? She was not going to say anything astonishingly stupid. Even she knows better than that. The bottom line is that she looked horrendous during this debate.

I assume you've seen the Couric interviews. They had set expectations so low that it was totally unreasonable- that's why she'd literally have to fall over to go under expectations.

Around the Network
Jackson50 said:
Sam Yikin said:
Jackson50 said:

You are wrong. She looked great. If you were not so incredibly biased you would see that. Most of the people on the news and such said she looked great. Did she beat Biden? No. Did she have to? Um, no.

I am going to bed after I post this so I will preemtively defend myself from your attacks. Yes I am biased too, but the does not blind me from any objectivity. I admitted Obama did well last debate (although I thought McCain won). I admit that Biden had stronger points. You see, if I was a biased as you I would not be able to admit Obama held his own. Wow, this must be really bad you are more biased than Bigjon... That MUST make you really bad. (sarcasm)

to all you others that are saying it was a win she did not trip or whatever... Well... if that is your way of coping with the disapointment she did not look like a complete jackass... well... carry on I guess.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

sungson said:
wow palin was fucking awesome they way she looked and talked to the people and the winks she did on tv a couple times. i believe the public loved it and ate it up palin won hands down and biden looked like an ass and him choking up was fake more fake then hillary choking up. palin lovable and related with the common people my favorite line "say it ain't so joe." was a line that reagan used perfect and effective.

Apparantely this many people thought Biden looked better:

http://www.cnn.com/

Quick Vote

Who fared better in the vice presidential debate?

Sen. Joe Biden  71%   103391
Gov. Sarah Palin  26%   37369
Neither  3%
Total Votes: 145585

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

bigjon said:
Jackson50 said:
Sam Yikin said:
Jackson50 said:

You are wrong. She looked great. If you were not so incredibly biased you would see that. Most of the people on the news and such said she looked great. Did she beat Biden? No. Did she have to? Um, no.

I am going to bed after I post this so I will preemtively defend myself from your attacks. Yes I am biased too, but the does not blind me from any objectivity. I admitted Obama did well last debate (although I thought McCain won). I admit that Biden had stronger points. You see, if I was a biased as you I would not be able to admit Obama held his own. Wow, this must be really bad you are more biased than Bigjon... That MUST make you really bad. (sarcasm)

to all you others that are saying it was a win she did not trip or whatever... Well... if that is your way of coping with the disapointment she did not look like a complete jackass... well... carry on I guess.

She looked fine. She responded like an idiot- sidestepping everything, not answering any questions as they were asked.

bigjon said:

I am not biased. I disagree with Obama/Biden as much as I do McCain/Palin. I call it like I see it. I scored the Obama/McCain debate fairly even. This debate, however, was in no way even. You may give Palin points for not being a complete rube, but I have higher expectations for a VP candidate. 

sungson said:

71% of pollers would apparently disagree with you, and probably expect more from a VP candidate than looks and winks.  Palin did alright...she certainly dodged questions though, and I couldn't stand it.  I don't care if you're going to ramble on about your hometown and family...candidates have done that forever...but at least try to answer the questions.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )