By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Palin/Biden Debate Thread!

I think Biden won if it was judge like a competition. She dodge questions.

However, after the Prez debate I realized that is not how people look at it. She came across as strong, knowledgable, and really made all the people who were trashing her interviews look stupid. I think Biden wins the debate, but McCain sees a modest 2-3 point bump in the polls. Why? I think alot of the people who wanted to like Palin (the key is wanted to) but had lost faith have plenty to jump back on the bandwagon with. So basically Palin did alot to regain lost support. The people who want to hate will find something I am sure.

I had to laugh everytime Biden brought up Scanton... He just does it so much. It is because Obama's Religion and Guns remarks he made about Scranton.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network

It's a team of mavericks!

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

SARAH PALIN PUTS THE BUZZ INTO BUZZWORDS.

BIDEN/PALIN 08/12!

People made the mistake of making maverick a drinking word....

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

vlad321 said:
People made the mistake of making maverick a drinking word....

Amen...

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Around the Network

Strong? She looked scared. The only reason she survived it is because the moderator didnt follow up on any of the questions she avoided because she didnt know the answers.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
bigjon said:

However, after the Prez debate I realized that is not how people look at it. She came across as strong, knowledgable, and really made all the people who were trashing her interviews look stupid. I think Biden wins the debate, but McCain sees a modest 2-3 point bump in the polls. Why? I think alot of the people who wanted to like Palin (the key is wanted to) but had lost faith have plenty to jump back on the bandwagon with. So basically Palin did alot to regain lost support. The people who want to hate will find something I am sure.

I had to laugh everytime Biden brought up Scanton... He just does it so much. It is because Obama's Religion and Guns remarks he made about Scranton.

@ last part: Because Palin never mentions her hometown. Ever.

It might be that people will see her question dodging as a sign of weakness. Also, I think Biden very effectively destroyed her on a number of issues and Americans will see that he is actually the stronger canidate, which will make them think twice about hopping back onto that bandwagon.

Sam Yikin said:
bigjon said:

It might be that people will see her question dodging as a sign of weakness. Also, I think Biden very effectively destroyed her on a number of issues and Americans will see that he is actually the stronger canidate, which will make them think twice about hopping back onto that bandwagon.

Umm, I would be stupid to say that Palin was more "qualified" than Biden. Comparing her to Obama is so much better. Biden has been a US Senator since like 1972. Everyone knows he knows more than her. People like her because she is an outsider, and they don't trust someone who has been sitten around there for 35 years to do that. The reason they always bring up McCains maverick streak is so people don't say the same about McCain. By being a Maverick he can be old and still for change (at least that is what they hope to sell). Also Biden's "destroying" had more to do with him talking about things McCain voted on like 15 years ago... The only thing I thought he destroyed her on was the McCain was wrong about Iraq argument. She did good to argue the differences between Obama and Biden, but she could have made it more of a non issue is she would have said something like "hindsight is 20/20, we need to learn from our mistakes"

She did look strong, and you are attacking her for being nervous!! You are digging pretty deep there. She like she said has only been on the national scene for 5 weeks, and OVER 50 million people were prolly watching her. Also, she did not look very nervous. The only time I noticed it was in the beginning.

It makes more sense for Palin to mention her hometown since she was the MAYOR there. Biden is doing it as pandering to PA. Did he even grow up there? Or was he just born there.

Also, I kinda like Biden. yea he comes across as an angry man, but oh, well. If the ticket were Biden - Obama, I would not be repulsed by it. But I do like Palin more than Biden nonetheless.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

bigjon said:
Sam Yikin said:
bigjon said:

Umm, I would be stupid to say that Palin was more "qualified" than Biden. Comparing her to Obama is so much better. Biden has been a US Senator since like 1972. Everyone knows he knows more than her. People like her because she is an outsider, and they don't trust someone who has been sitten around there for 35 years to do that. The reason they always bring up McCains maverick streak is so people don't say the same about McCain. By being a Maverick he can be old and still for change (at least that is what they hope to sell). Also Biden's "destroying" had more to do with him talking about things McCain voted on like 15 years ago... The only thing I thought he destroyed her on was the McCain was wrong about Iraq argument. She did good to argue the differences between Obama and Biden, but she could have made it more of a non issue is she would have said something like "hindsight is 20/20, we need to learn from our mistakes"

She did look strong, and you are attacking her for being nervous!! You are digging pretty deep there. She like she said has only been on the national scene for 5 weeks, and OVER 50 million people were prolly watching her. Also, she did not look very nervous. The only time I noticed it was in the beginning.

It makes more sense for Palin to mention her hometown since she was the MAYOR there. Biden is doing it as pandering to PA. Did he even grow up there? Or was he just born there.

Also, I kinda like Biden. yea he comes across as an angry man, but oh, well. If the ticket were Biden - Obama, I would not be repulsed by it. But I do like Palin more than Biden nonetheless.

It simply seemed to me that Biden countered all of her arguments very effectively. I'm not sure about the 15 years ago part but to most viewers it seemed like he did a great job of hitting McCain on many issues, including Iraq.

I'll agree with you that she seemed strong, at least in appearance. I didn't detect any nervousness in her or her manner of speaking. That said, I think people will really see her question dodging as a sign of her weakness on knowledge- on the issues.

I'd also expect a Obama-Palin debate to go much the same way. While neither of them are as experienced as their equivalent on the other side, Obama clearly has a better grasp of the problems facing our country today.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26995439
This is interesting...