By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - The CHUMP box! An HD 4850 with every other expense spared for $332

It would be nice if you put links to those prices. You know, so that people can actually buy this chump box.

I'm particularly interested in the CPU.  Could be great for an HTPC build I've been thinking of doing.

Around the Network
bobobologna said:

It would be nice if you put links to those prices. You know, so that people can actually buy this chump box.

I'm particularly interested in the CPU.  Could be great for an HTPC build I've been thinking of doing.

Its on New Egg - Go CPU, AMD, Lowest price and check the open box section.

Tease.

Just bought a 5600 amd dualcore 65n low watts and M/B for $100 and 2 gigs for $60.00 A 630 WATT PSW FOR 120.00 AND A GEFORCE 9800GTX 512 MB WITH CPU RUNNING at 738 mhz for $170.00 used all my old stuff hd 120 gig and same case. so it cost around $450. 00 I used my old hd with xp and built my son an new pc with my old parts amd 3500 and a 7600 gt superclock.

I have to say the new pc looks good with crysis. and the natural mod.

but your pc looks awesome in all its cheapness. every 2 years I get an itch to build a better pc not the best but something better. glad I did. havent played ps3 or 360 in a month though. cpu cooler $13 also $463 total plus tax. $500 tot

a12331 said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Try to make the cheapest machine you can make that can run crysis =P

the one he listed can play crysis on high graphically, and the cpu settings on medium(physics and such)

My specs mock his, and I can barely play Cryis Warhead at gamer (equivalent to high in Crysis 1)settings. My specs are 9800GTX+, Q6600 (quad core Intel, at leat 8-10 times as fast as his CPU if not more), 4GB RAM etc, and at 1680X1050 (and I have to use DX9 which runs slightly better) I get 29 FPS average in Crysis warhead with all gamer settings. Although Warhead runs even worse than regular Crysis.

His CPU would be particularly a problem..AMD X2's are rapidly becoming outdated..i'd try to get a cheap Intel and overclock it. Drop the $15 budgeted for a heatsink, retail CPU's come with a good HS anyway.

sharky974 said:
a12331 said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:

the one he listed can play crysis on high graphically, and the cpu settings on medium(physics and such)

My specs mock his, and I can barely play Cryis Warhead at gamer (equivalent to high in Crysis 1)settings. My specs are 9800GTX+, Q6600 (quad core Intel, at leat 8-10 times as fast as his CPU if not more), 4GB RAM etc, and at 1680X1050 (and I have to use DX9 which runs slightly better) I get 29 FPS average in Crysis warhead with all gamer settings. Although Warhead runs even worse than regular Crysis.

His CPU would be particularly a problem..AMD X2's are rapidly becoming outdated..i'd try to get a cheap Intel and overclock it. Drop the $15 budgeted for a heatsink, retail CPU's come with a good HS anyway.

Can you take a screenshot and post it?  I want to see what it looks like for you.

Around the Network

I got the exact same specs in my PC except for 2 things

I got a 450W power supply and a Nvidia 8500 grahpics card all for $300 (that includes shipping) 

sharky974 said:
a12331 said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:

my friend has the same setup but instead of a quad he as e6600, and he can crysis on gamer dx9 with about 35fps

so what , 2 years from now and it's outdated

blackstar said:

Go under a bridge :D

On-topic, Hell yeah awsome system and the upgradability is unparraleled.

Can love bloom on the battlefield?                 Proud supporter of this gen!!!

blackstar said:

no, the current card that can play games on low is the geforce 6800 which was released 4 years ago. Also graphics on pc can only go as high consoles(unless it is a game like crysis) so it will last for many years.