By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Website design

I'm always looking to beef up my portfolio having just left university with a new interest in web design (and looking to start a career in it!).

Your post ioi implies that you're not happy with the site or that you do at least want to see something changed or updated. Any ideas on what?

Around the Network

Don't change a thing. You might know of these two sites that have a very crisp, yet simple look.

www.google.com

www.facebook.com

The site is fine, just keep it simple.

I like it.... I guess. I haven't had a problem with it. If you changed it, I would get used to it. If it stayed the same, I wouldn't notice.

The point is.... No complaints.

Yeah there's definitely nothing with the site, and considering the complexity it 'can' go into what with all the differing stats available to users, it's best to keep it as simple as possible.

It looks good and is functional - the dream combo! :P

A bigger logo for Beta (Most People have never seen it), since people expect these numbers to be 100% accurate (Diomedes1976).

Example:

Diomedes1976 says:
Well I thought that the point of the site was to offer the best ,most accurate numbers .If its about differentiating itself it would be very easy ...just give ridiculous numbers and there you have it .

Well ,I think I have a point ,but you guys can do whatever you like best of course .
Posted on: 07/16/07, 22:49

Around the Network

I like the site design, I think if you overhauled it to look more like IGN it would be too cluttered and would take away from the content of the site.

If you want to be taken more serious, I think you should kinda make it look more professional. It is simple now and that is nice for some sites, the whole game industry is a bit about the hype, so I think it would be nice to change it a bit. Don't ask me how though, that is not my expertise :D

I find the greys kinda bland, but perhaps that's just me. Ie sites like BBC/Google/MySpace/etc. don't have as much grey.

One person's experience or opinion never shows the general consensus

PSN ID: Tispower

MSN: tispower1@hotmail.co.uk

As far as the look of the site, it could definitely use some more color. It's not a biggie, but gray is a pretty somber color. I'd like a color scheme that's a bit more lively.

About the IGN thing, I wouldn't do anything to complicate things and make the site load slower. Of all the web sites I go to, VGChartz and IGN load the slowest. For here it may be a server issue? With IGN I think it's just all the useless crap that has to load up.

If I could choose, I'd want the site to be a bit quicker and smoother, so just try and make sure any changes don't bog things down.

And thanks for asking questions like this, ioi. It's great to know you're considering our feelings before making potentially large changes.

"I feel like I could take on the whole Empire myself."

hmmm... good job. You made him pazzaz the site... :

Looks good so far. Just finish it and it wont be that bad. I still like the drab greys tho.

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!