By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

get use to it....then put up a poll and ask everyone what the color should be and add the votes up...its not about what you what...its what the community wants...:P

Around the Network

I have glasses but this letters IMO are to small and I don't want to change my resolution for this site X_X.

Just hold control and scroll, that should do it

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Sqrl said:
leo-j said:
Sqrl said:
I will second the load times issue..

As long as requests are being taken, I would absolutely love to be able to use the full real estate of my screen. I have mostly widescreen monitors, so I was wondering if a widescreen option could be added to forum profiles. Just a suggestion, the site is viewable as is for me.

PS - New changes look nice.

I have an HD wide screen moniter it looks good as it is

Well I did say the site was viewable as is! Its just a suggestion, and I understand that I am in a relative minority with a widescreen monitor, so I don't expect my suggestions/request to garner a lot of support.

That said it is kind of amusing to see what it looks like when I fully maximise it across both monitors: http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z104/Sqrl_VGC/Dual-M.jpg

PS - I don't know about leo-j, but I think a large widescreen monitor is one of the best purchases you can make for your computer (especially when you consider that you can always use it with your future computers).

That looks funny LOL

PS Vita and PC gamer

CPU Intel i5 2500K at 4.5 Ghz / Gigabyte Z68 Mobo / 8 Gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 mhz / Sapphire HD 7970 Dual X Boost / Corsair Obsidian 550d 

I thx the Forum posts and the News Font is a Tad small and dont really stand out From the Add Fonts :(

Was kinda Scared to click on things before i read all the way threw them.

I thx remove adds from the Forum posts and News Frames, and make there own frames so it does not blend in so much,

I do like the Concept but really hard to easyly make out the posts not as easy as before, or it could be my outrages Resolution Hummm

Hill Till We Die    -Don 2001

I Own a WII, 64 and SNES, Most Sega systems

I Own A Xbox and Xbox 360

I am Still MAD at Sony for 3 dead PS2's with Disk Read Error's, And proud Owner of a PSX that Plays Games While Upside Down and a PS3 Slim.

FANBOY That Haiters

[URL=http://www.speedtest.net][IMG]http://www.speedtest.net/result/550493466.png[/IMG][/URL]

Around the Network

OMG XD Thanks I didn't know this is possible X D.

limit sig sizes, also file sizes.
it's kinda annoying having some sigs fill up most of the thread.
An option to turn off sig images but leave the text (it's not there, right? i sometime miss obvious option)

The main page could use some look changes, I am not good at GUI design, so, all I can say is, it could use a better UI.

Also, as already stated by some posters, don't touch the IGN likely with a 10 foot pole. IGN is just too much over the top.

Avoid plugins requirement as possible, sometime, plain html will do the job just as good.

Unless you're really wanting to spend a lot of time on the UI. You could try some skins options, so everyone can set their own skins preference.

Stay away from too-much-colours. The entire site could be looking good with just 3-4 main colours to make it easy to the eyes (could use darker/lighter of the same color to make something stand out)

animated gif or anything that moves a lot makes the site distracting. stay away from that, too. Flash could do just that, flashing looking but it just doesn't add to the site beyond 5 seconds. I do flash coding and stuff, so, using flash could help cut down the file sizes sometime.

Optimize as much as possible, since this site is what i consider, explosive growth. Even if you cut a file size by 1k, that saves a crap load of bandwidth for you.

"Blast from the past" could move up a bit. it's a nice feature, people want to see the history and thinking, "i didn't know that".

Reduce the "Breaking news" and "hot forum topics" items.
Put as much stuff what you think people want to see upon loading the site on the top (without scrolling).

finally, if possible, get domain as vgcharts instead of vgchartz, it's just more business like. but you might have problem getting those since someone else could have got it. That is your problem, tho :)

konnichiwa said:
OMG XD Thanks I didn't know this is possible X D.

no problem =)

Hi ioi,

Well I think the new design is a good improvement, though there's definitely some tweaks that you could make.
Actually i'm webdesigner so if you want i could try and make a design and send you.

By the way, something not about design but i think it would make the site much more credible : I think it would be possible to make a sort of color code or something to indicate the fiability of each number. I mean, when you get more sources, you tweak your numbers.
We should be able to know easily if a number is a first estimation, or if it has been compared with many sources and can be considered as reliable.

kuraobi said:
Hi ioi,

Well I think the new design is a good improvement, though there's definitely some tweaks that you could make.
Actually i'm webdesigner so if you want i could try and make a design and send you.

By the way, something not about design but i think it would make the site much more credible : I think it would be possible to make a sort of color code or something to indicate the fiability of each number. I mean, when you get more sources, you tweak your numbers.
We should be able to know easily if a number is a first estimation, or if it has been compared with many sources and can be considered as reliable.

whattafock are you talking about lol?