By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 17 amazing new Gears of War 2 screenshots

SHMUPGurus said:
libellule said:
SleepWaking said:
libellule said:
Technically this is superior to any console game.

Artistically, it is another story ... but no one can be perfect !

It's incredible how full of shit you are. Why can't you just say it looks good? Always trying to downplay anything on the 360. Seriously the Art (with capitol) is one of its strong points. The concept artist who works for Epic is seen as one of the best.

==> if you say. It is funny because I basically said the game was close to perfect (my last sentence)... But, if you want more bashing, I can give you bashing : You know, to me, the main character design alone is quite poor. Maybe it looks good to you, but not to me. Well, I prefer going out, I just realized it was on MS forum, and a lot of people (pro sony or pro ms) love to live in their bubble. EDITED

Weird you say that. The characters in Gears have their style by doing just that: being big muscular guys with big torsos and small heads! It's seriously EPIC's way to show how humans on planet Sera look like (and that Unreal Tournament planet, can't recall the name of it). I think the whole ''world torn apart'' concept is really something that not everyone can envision, and someone out there found a way to show it to us. Sure, the colors are bland, but that's exactly what it's supposed to be. Don't try to tell me Gears tried to look realistic more than artistic: I haven't seen car's like that and weapons with chainsaws attached ever in my life!

Oh, yes, I completely agree, it is not realistic. As too human was also. But that doesn't mean the art direction is inspired ... (also the chainsaws can be seen in all the warhammer40k universe)

Time to Work !

Around the Network
libellule said:
SleepWaking said:
libellule said:
SleepWaking said:
libellule said:

It's incredible how full of shit you are. Why can't you just say it looks good? Always trying to downplay anything on the 360. Seriously the Art (with capitol) is one of its strong points. The concept artist who works for Epic is seen as one of the best.

==> if you say. It is funny because I basically said the game was close to perfect (my last sentence)... But, if you want more bashing, I can give you bashing : You know, to me, the main character design alone is quite poor.

Ok that is how you think about it (and maybe some sony fanboys), the rest of the world and concepts artist disagree, for some reason the images are gone but just look what kind of response Hawkprey gets. (BTW most of them prof concept artists) You are still entitled to your opinion though. Just now that people who really recognize art disagree.

lol, who cares seriously. Artistically it is still pretty average. (Dont worry R2 is not amazing too and is inferior technically)

HOw is it technically inferior? The lighting is as good or better. The fog effects are as good or better. The water effects, unless we discover something new, are better. Explosions same thing.

Technically Resistance 2 is better IMO, unless I am misunderstanding what you all are saying by stating the technical aspects of the game, which is very possible..

I enjoy the dark, grim look of Gears 2 better than Resistance 2, but its not technically more advnaced at all, atleast what I can tell from these stills. The cave areas do look nice, but dynamic lighting in a cave is much easier than out in the open/in a forest with the orange glow during sunset.

Character models, once again, I believe are better in Resistance 2. The characters in Gears 2 look as if they are painted on, I dont see the depth that shows facial muscles and expressions, other than angry. 

Gears 2 looks more bad ass and Resistance 2 looks cartoony, but R2 from a technical aspect looks much better to me. This could change with videos of Gears 2 of course, but as of now I am not convinced its technically superior 

theres only a couple that are in game shots, the rest are watch mode shots, where developers have game running, and they can move camera about to make things looks more dramatic.

game certainly loks good though and is a must buy

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Best console screenshots that I have seen. I would buy the 360 to play this game alone if I didn't already have one.

@Skeeunk: I don't think anyone thought those camera angles were the way you play the game -_-. That said, it's a simple matter for the devs to pull the camera away in-game and move it to a more dramatic position. It doesn't mean it's prerendered or enhanced (doesn't mean it's not either, just saying).

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network

Jandre002,

1/ I dont know. I m not the best to judge technically a game.
But most people seem to put GoW > R2.

2/ at the end, I dont know.

Skeeuk

Indeed, it seems some of these links are artworks according to another site.

Time to Work !

Looks great.

AWESOME!

SleepWaking said:
libellule said:

Yes, because we all know that beautiful art style is not subjective or unique to different people! We all have the same standards and outlook! We are a hiiiiiiiiiive!

ok. now give as the damn game