By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 360 to outsell the ps3 again in Japan?

It's hard to tell. The X360 is still supply constrained, and sold out in many stores.

So either the X360 is sold out due to there truly not being ample stock in Japan (which would make sales suffer), or that it just appears that way, and is more of a Wii-style sellout, to where supply is constantly getting re-stocked, and sold out quickly (which would make sales stay similar to last week).

I'd say anything above 8k is going to be very good for the X360. The question is if there are any rumors/information how the X360 supply channels are getting restocked: If it's an artificial sellout, or a real Tales-style sellout, but with more supply.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

it will be very close indeed.

I think I see the PS3 in front ... no, I dont know.
I really dont know.

Time to Work !

Everstar said:
Yes i believe it will. People are saying there are shortages but i have no proof of that

It's sold out (the X360).

Here's a few posts from the X360 thread '360's sold out in Japan?'

Hello, sorry I hadn't been out to any stores lately which is why I didn't update this.

Anyway, I checked out the two largest stores in my city again earlier today. At the one below(the biggest store) all three models were SOLD OUT. The Red sticker above the big arrow pointing down is the sold out sign. The arrow pointing down means the price went down of course.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b258/smbu2000/misc/NEC_0056.jpg (larger size version of the pic)

From Sinobi:

From sinobi:

お近くに量販店がある方はもうお気づきのことと思うが
先週の値下げ以降、Xbox360の売り場が急拡大している。
ショップによって多少の差はあるものの、平均して2倍から3倍に拡張されており
11月20日に発売予定の「ラスト レムナント」と共に
秋商戦の要と考えているショップも多いようだ。
ちなみに、先週の販売台数は約1.3万台。
拮抗しているPS3を2週続けて上回っている。

"If you have a (I think this is the right translation) large retailer near you, you've probably already noticed, but ever since the price drop last week the Xbox 360 sections have grown tremendously. There are minor differences from store to store, but it appears on average the sections have been expanded 2 to 3 times. With the 11/20 release of 'The Last Remnant' it appears many shops are gearing up for the fall shopping season. Also, the sales last week were 13k. For the 2nd week in row, it has beaten it's rival, the PS3."

And FinalEvangelion's anecdotal report:

I went to some stores around my smallish city of Kumamoto.

The 360s were completely sold out of all three models where I went. MS seems to be having a shortage again.  Wiis and PS3s are very well in stock, though.

So with information like that, it falls back on the "What is constraining X360 supply in Japan?" argument: retailers, distributors, Microsoft, or actual production/transportation of the X360.

It better, the 360 SHOULD outsell the PS3 in every region until Sony drops the PS3 price.

still has shortages
but probably x360 still > ps3 but only a liitle.

but next week, different story xbox 360 will be > PS3

Around the Network
dejelek said:
still has shortages
but probably x360 still > ps3 but only a liitle.

but next week, different story xbox 360 will be > PS3

That's assuming that the X360 will get stocked next week, and the average consumer still cares about the X360. So far, 7 weeks in, the Japanese gamer still cares, but let's wait to see.

So it dose still habve shortages but i still think it will outsell the PS3

Proud Owner of  a Wii and Xbox 360 and a PS3(When I get the money)

it will be a close week but i hope the 360 wins again. i love the bitter taste of a ps3 fanboy's tears.

It will outsell the PS3 again.

I think the retailers are to blame. I'm sure they order in smaller quantities than they need, and probably use pre-orders as a barometer to how many consoles they decide to stock.