By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prices of controllers

PS3 - $54.99

Wii - $39.99 Wimote + $19.99 Nunchuck = $59.98

XBox 360 - $49.99

prices from Best Buy for new equipment.

thoughts, wow if you add 3 controllers to a Wii system purchase to play those cool party games it becomes just as expensive as a XBox or PS3 purchase.

and is there ANY profit made for Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo on each controller sale at these prices?  (please no pure speculation - I can daydream too)

Around the Network

It is well known that console makers earn a lot on the controllers they make,
I wonder why the ps3 controller is like 5 bucks more expensive than its 360 counter part, there isn't really any difference

How can you possibly misspell QWERTY? It's spelled correctly on the damn keyboard.

2006 again already? Man how the time flies. I always find it weird that you only have to buy the three extra controllers for the Wii though. I guess I am just not smart enough to understand why it is needed.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

dont forget motion plus for the wii probably 19.99 more

@gnizmo, why not have extra controlers, do your friends not come over and play?

edit "wii new loners console confirmed?"

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Outrageous prices! At least the PS3 controller is DualShock now though.

Proud member of the Sonic Support Squad

PSN ID: smj1860

Around the Network
Sylvarantinc said:
It is well known that console makers earn a lot on the controllers they make,
I wonder why the ps3 controller is like 5 bucks more expensive than its 360 counter part, there isn't really any difference

The PS3's $49.99 at my Bestbuy so I really don't know why.

goddog said:

dont forget motion plus for the wii probably 19.99 more

@gnizmo, why not have extra controlers, do your friends not come over and play?

edit "wii new loners console confirmed?"

I removed part of my post that referenced not having to buy extra controllers for the other systems. I can see where it doesn''t make much sense now. My complaint is people always inc;ude the price of extra controllers for the Wii and yet leave them out for the 360 and PS3 and then claim the Wii is more expensive.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

The Wii remote has actually a very good price.

I mean, it has some features than both the Dualshock and 360 controller doesnt have:

It has Bluetooth like the Dualshock
It has a speaker
It has internal memory to save controller configurations and Mii's
It has an infrared camera
Rumble (like the two others)
Gyroscopes and accelerometers

40 dlls for the Wii remote is a pretty good deal.

Wow PS3 controller is expensive, I can understand the Wii price because of all the technology in it, but damn, the Dualshock should be no more than the 360 controller.

@fernando, its more the issue they sell it in two parts soon to be 3 parts, at 61.00 for 2, and most likly 82.00 for the three parts... you know key nintendo games will require motion plus, id hope they bundle it with a control to reduce the price or maybe with games

edit out of curiosity how much is the wired 360 controller ive never looked into it, and do they offer a wired ps3 rumble? (motion controlers would be silly wired so i know they dont have that)

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog