By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prices of controllers

dgm6780 said:

PS3 - $54.99

Wii - $39.99 Wimote + $19.99 Nunchuck = $59.98

XBox 360 - $49.99

prices from Best Buy for new equipment.

thoughts, wow if you add 3 controllers to a Wii system purchase to play those cool party games it becomes just as expensive as a XBox or PS3 purchase.

and is there ANY profit made for Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo on each controller sale at these prices?  (please no pure speculation - I can daydream too)

siaxis motion censor

Around the Network

sixaxis motion censor is the reason for the $5 ps3 controller increase.

goddog said:
izaaz101 said:
L.C.E.C. said:
dgm6780 said:

thoughts, wow if you add 3 controllers to a Wii system purchase to play those cool party games it becomes just as expensive as a XBox or PS3 purchase.

OBJECTION!

At that rate, the 360's controllers would require $20 more per controller, per headset

ALSO, the PS3 supports "UP TO 7 CONTROLLERS", which would also drive up the price.

The Wii is still cheaper than the 360, unless you're going to buy an arcade, which is highly unlikely, but that would still only be $30 less... and the PS3 trails behind with $135.03 difference.

X360 Premium                          [$299.99]

+ 3 Controllers ($49.99 each)    [$149.97]

+ 3 Headsets ($19.99 each)      [$  59.97]

Total__________________ ___[$509.93]

X360 Arcade                             [$199.99]

Total__________________ ___[$409.93]

Wii                                             [$249.99]

+ 3 Controllers ($39.99 each)    [$119.97]

+ 3 Nunchuks ($19.99 each)      [$  59.97]

Total__________________ ___[$429.93]

PS3                                            [$399.99]

+ 7 Controllers ($54.99 each)    [$164.97]

Total____________________ _[$564.96]

I'm nitpicking here, but you would "only" need 6 additional PS3 controllers, since it already came with one, and would cost over $300 for those 6 controllers....you seemed to have only calculated 3 controllers into your PS3 price.

OT: This thread is ridiculous. I also love Sqrl......but please, just stop it. Those elegant, well researched and informed posts are being ignored by the one who needs to read them the most. I'm afraid he'll give you carpo tunnel syndrome.

you left out motion plus

So.. do you have the offcial price of WMP so he can put it?

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

L.C.E.C. said:

LOL... I agree... But now each of your friends has to pay just to play your video games? LOL, JK. I was actually showing how ridiculous it was as to what he was saying, which is why I said "At that rate...", even though I did not agree with it. What Wii game needs 4 Wiimotes & Nunchuks? None. Which 360 game requires an HDTV? None. It's all up to the consumer, but what he said in the OP was simply ridiculous.

Why would your friends have to pay?  The dues (ie cost of buying a game) in that example are a one time per movie price, not a per person price.  So if you go with you and 3 friends to (B) you would pay $1.60 and nobody else would pay anything because your membership (ie console) was already paid for.

@Falcon095,

No official price announced yet, but it will most likely be $10-$15 in all honesty.  The general consensus was $10-$20 but with Nintendo (Miyamoto specifically) telling people it will be inexpensive it seems a lot less likely for it to be on the high end of that range.

To Each Man, Responsibility
Falcon095 said:
goddog said:
izaaz101 said:
L.C.E.C. said:
dgm6780 said:

OBJECTION!

At that rate, the 360's controllers would require $20 more per controller, per headset

ALSO, the PS3 supports "UP TO 7 CONTROLLERS", which would also drive up the price.

The Wii is still cheaper than the 360, unless you're going to buy an arcade, which is highly unlikely, but that would still only be $30 less... and the PS3 trails behind with $135.03 difference.

X360 Premium                          [$299.99]

Total__________________ ___[$509.93]

X360 Arcade                             [$199.99]

Total__________________ ___[$409.93]

Wii                                             [$249.99]

+ 3 Controllers ($39.99 each)    [$119.97]

+ 3 Nunchuks ($19.99 each)      [$  59.97]

Total__________________ ___[$429.93]

PS3                                            [$399.99]

+ 6 Controllers ($54.99 each)    [$329.94]

Total____________________ _[$729.93]

*Corrected

I'm nitpicking here, but you would "only" need 6 additional PS3 controllers, since it already came with one, and would cost over $300 for those 6 controllers....you seemed to have only calculated 3 controllers into your PS3 price.

OT: This thread is ridiculous. I also love Sqrl......but please, just stop it. Those elegant, well researched and informed posts are being ignored by the one who needs to read them the most. I'm afraid he'll give you carpo tunnel syndrome.

you left out motion plus

Corrected my PS3 price once more in that quotation (my stupid perfectionism)...

There is no current price set for WM+, but as Sqrl said, it is likely to be $10 - $15...

Also, not all games will use it (not to menton the 1st one will come bundled w/ a $50 game (WiiSports Resort), similar to WiiPlay... It's like comparing it to Xbox LiVE (Gold). It's an idea that starts out as only in a few games (Halo 1, ect.) and may or may not expand further and may or may not apply to every game's needs (it's in COD4, and a high number of 360 games, but not BioSHOCK Or Sonic The Hedgehog)

@Sqrl:

Kidding, Kidding... See the "JK", in my post? that's what I thought the first time I read it, but was still a little fuzzy and knew it couldn't be it. Now I completely understand... But yeah, I agree.

Around the Network
L.C.E.C. said:
Falcon095 said:

Corrected my PS3 price once more in that quotation (my stupid perfectionism)...

There is no current price set for WM+, but as Sqrl said, it is likely to be $10 - $15...

Also, not all games will use it (not to menton the 1st one will come bundled w/ a $50 game (WiiSports Resort), similar to WiiPlay... It's like comparing it to Xbox LiVE (Gold). It's an idea that starts out as only in a few games (Halo 1, ect.) and may or may not expand further and may or may not apply to every game's needs (it's in COD4, and a high number of 360 games, but not BioSHOCK Or Sonic The Hedgehog)

@Sqrl:

Kidding, Kidding... See the "JK", in my post? that's what I thought the first time I read it, but was still a little fuzzy and knew it couldn't be it. Now I completely understand... But yeah, I agree.

Honestly, I wasn't sure so I decided to just clarify to be on the safe side.  It's probably not the best example in terms of understandability but it gets the job done.

@izaaz101,

No worries, I've done most of my participation in this thread in the AM when I can't sleep.  You might be surprised how well it has worked to put me to sleep...well on the other hand maybe that isn't really too hard to believe =P

To Each Man, Responsibility