By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - New Gallup Poll has Obama up by 8 points.

Obama's lead in the polls doe smake us feel more secure about America's future.

However, it should be noted that there may be a racial bias in these polls. Some white people feel racist if they tell another person they are for a white person over a black person (read polls and surveys), but when election day comes they vote for the white guy. This happened in Tenessee and one other place (cant remember) last election, black man up in polls but loses slightly. Of course Ford, the politician running in Tenessee, had a nasty add ran by Republicans depicting images of him and young white women to spur up racial tensions in undecided voters.

Around the Network
That Guy said:
yes Biden likes to shoot from the hip a la howard dean style and has been known for several gaffes.

I remember oncee he told someone to stand up for applause while on stage; but he didn't realize that the person was a paraplagic or something like that

lol. I remember that one..... wow, was that funny. I despise Biden, and I still felt bad for him on that one...

I honestly don't know how the VP debate will go because Biden is a douchbag and Palin is still kind of an unknown as far as debating skills go. For some reason, I have this gut feeling that she will own him, but I really don;t know why I think so... (maybe it has something to do with the above incident?) Either way, it will be far more interesting than the other debate because we pretty much knew it was going to be a dead heat and it was. (I didn't even bother watching a lot of it) I still can't believe McCain wanted to postpone it though. Why the hell did he do that? I really don't like Obama at all, (especially his foreign policy) but I don't like McCain very much either and he's not helping his case very much by being such an idiot. I say we all organize a national write-in campaign and elect Michael Jordan president....

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it

Retrasado said:

I really don't like Obama at all, (especially his foreign policy) but I don't like McCain very much either and he's not helping his case very much by being such an idiot. I say we all organize a national write-in campaign and elect Michael Jordan president....

Instead of advocating an Air Jordan presidency, you could vote for a qualified candidate other than McBama...

The most recent polls by Rasmussen and Gallup have to be slightly disconcerting for McCain. I would not be surprised, however, if McCain rebounds. 

I'm sorry, Jackson. Barr is interesting and all, but I'm voting Jordan. That is the best Idea I've heard all day.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

The_vagabond7 said:
I'm sorry, Jackson. Barr is interesting and all, but I'm voting Jordan. That is the best Idea I've heard all day.

Maybe a Jordan/Barr ticket? That sounds promising.

Around the Network

If only someone could convince Jordan to run... he hates politics.

The only people he donates money to politically are people with basketball skills and the occasional historic black candidate.

Or in the case of Barak Obama. Both.

Jordan likes being rich and having free time too much, only way to convince him to run is to bet him money he couldn't.... and i don't have that kind of money.

Jordan would be a horrible president. Just look at how he runs the Bobcats.

Pffffffffttttttt. I think it's time we have an undead candidate. Zombies of America unite!

About time I remember my password...

ManusJustus said:

However, it should be noted that there may be a racial bias in these polls. Some white people feel racist if they tell another person they are for a white person over a black person (read polls and surveys), but when election day comes they vote for the white guy. This happened in Tenessee and one other place (cant remember) last election, black man up in polls but loses slightly. Of course Ford, the politician running in Tenessee, had a nasty add ran by Republicans depicting images of him and young white women to spur up racial tensions in undecided voters.

Ford actually overperformed his pollster.com average. The latest research indicates that the Bradley effect has either weakened considerably or disappeared altogether. E.g., Obama tended to overperform his polling in the primaries.

Desroko said:
ManusJustus said:

However, it should be noted that there may be a racial bias in these polls. Some white people feel racist if they tell another person they are for a white person over a black person (read polls and surveys), but when election day comes they vote for the white guy. This happened in Tenessee and one other place (cant remember) last election, black man up in polls but loses slightly. Of course Ford, the politician running in Tenessee, had a nasty add ran by Republicans depicting images of him and young white women to spur up racial tensions in undecided voters.

Ford actually overperformed his pollster.com average. The latest research indicates that the Bradley effect has either weakened considerably or disappeared altogether. E.g., Obama tended to overperform his polling in the primaries.

Thanks for the update.  I'm glad to be wrong.