By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - New Gallup Poll has Obama up by 8 points.

superchunk said:
smbu2000 said:
Isn't the VP debate this week? I wonder what kind of effect it will have on the polls. It could bring McCain back into contention if Palin does well, or it could put Obama even further ahead.

Thursday. I can't wait, I have 100% confidence that Palin will look stupid.

Biden has a pretty good track record of looking like a fool himself ...

Around the Network

He's done.

yes Biden likes to shoot from the hip a la howard dean style and has been known for several gaffes.

I remember oncee he told someone to stand up for applause while on stage; but he didn't realize that the person was a paraplagic or something like that

As long as he doesn't say something outrageously bad in a debate, and Biden doesn't insult any ethnicities in his debate and neither of them does anything stupid, then Obama is most likely going to win. I am really curious about the Palin-Biden debate, I think she'll benefit from incredibly low expectations in the end though. As long as she doesn't say that we need jesus riding a dinosaur to invade russia then she'll probably be fine.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

There needs to be a website like PEChartz (presidential election) where all the averaged polls data are saved in charts.

About time I remember my password...

Around the Network
The_vagabond7 said:
As long as he doesn't say something outrageously bad in a debate, and Biden doesn't insult any ethnicities in his debate and neither of them does anything stupid, then Obama is most likely going to win. I am really curious about the Palin-Biden debate, I think she'll benefit from incredibly low expectations in the end though. As long as she doesn't say that we need jesus riding a dinosaur to invade russia then she'll probably be fine.

In my opinion, the mistakes that Biden makes that could be the most dangerous is when he misrepresents or contradicts the platform he is running on ... Biden is a politician from another era in that he likes to say whatever sounds the best at the moment he is saying it, and he is not really (all that) aware that everything he says can be seen and fact-checked by everyone in the free world.

Screw Polls.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

stof said:
Screw Polls.

That would hurt

Yeah i'm sure there's a good chance Biden will contradict Obama's policies at least once or twice during the debate. All he has to do is just sit back and prevent himself from looking like too much of an idiot and with the more structured and less free-flowing format they agreed upon it could happen.

Also I keep having this weird feeling like we're all being set up. Palin's horrible interviews have all been a well orchestrated sham and she's actually a very intelligent and articulate woman who is going to knock it out of the park at the debate and secure the victory for McCain.

HappySqurriel said:
stof said:
Screw Polls.

That would hurt

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.