By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do you like classics?

arsenal009 said:
U didn't like DKC, A Link to the Past, Super Mario World, Super Mario Kart, SMRPG & SMB 3?

And u want us to recommend u games? Sorry but there is no hope for u.

I said that it would be appreciated if someone did. That wasn't the main point of the thread.  BringBackChrono did a nice way of recomending me two titles. 

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Around the Network

I find the classics very good but I do not have the praise some people do. I think SMG is much better than SMB3 and Sunshine better than SM64 but I am in the minority. I think Phantom Hourglass is better than Link to the Past & Ocarina of time but again in the minority. Who knows why old games get such praise. It was probably a 'you had to be there' kind of thing. Nostalgia factor?

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions

i dk if SMG, in its 3d context, is better than traditional 2d. Problem is, so much of SMG uses 2d platforming to create a beautiful contrast between the 2. That, along with gravity play, was the reason i think the game is so great.

Better than SMW, i dk, depends on your age i guess. I always put SMW above most other games of the 8/16 bit gen. It's tough but certainly MM 9 has influenced certain views on older games and their ability to recapture that original spark, just like SMG and to a lesser extent Paper Mario, and get people interested again.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Your such a noob. You bought DKC, A Link to the Past, Super Mario World, Super Mario Kart, SMRPG, SMB 3, Kid Icarus, and a MegaMan game and you didn't like any of them?? These are classics and if you can't understand why, you should stop gaming right now.

EMULATION is the past.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Classics can still be great games. Look at JRPGs for example. You will see many SNES JRPGs that get rated as amazing even today for good reasons such as Chrono Trigger, Earthbound, Final Fantasy VI, etc. You don't see Lost Odyssey, Tales of Vesperia, or Kingdom Hearts getting praised like that.

Around the Network

I enjoy classic games as much as modern games and it has nothing to do with nostalgia. I have all of my classic systems hooked up and I play them often.

As far as recommendations go I'd have to suggest Kirby's Adventure and Megaman 2 for the NES, Megaman X, Earthbound and Contra 3 for the SNES, Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow and Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga for the GBA. Hopefully you find these more to your liking.

@ Oyvoyvoyv

Do you like classic games?

Yes, I love many classics.

The top notch games from SNES and NES?

NES games or Atari 2600 games, generally no except for a very very few ones. IMO vast bulk of games for those platforms sucked.

But many 2D-style c64, Amiga, NeoGeo and Arcade games I can appreciate. Some Snes, Genesis and Coleco Vision games as well.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

As others, I'm shocked you didn't like those games. How many levels you played in Super Mario World? I have a friend who didn't like it until he reached the first castle.
Which Megaman game you bought?

If you like more strategy games, like RPG, I recommend Chrono Trigger or Final Fantasy VI.

Anyway, I seriously recommend some classics like Megaman 3 (Nes), Super Castlevania 4 (Snes), Megaman X (Snes)

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

bouzane said:
I enjoy classic games as much as modern games and it has nothing to do with nostalgia. I have all of my classic systems hooked up and I play them often.

This dude is a true gamer.