By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do you like classics?

@Oyvoyvoyv(whew)
Its a little more than nostalgia, i assure you. Chrono Trigger, Super Metroid,SMW(1 or 2) still play brilliantly and are wonderful experiences(again i can only speak for myself).These games had some brilliant innovations, and some are yet to be matched in their own fields(2-d platforming for SMW or side scrolling shooter for Super Metroid)
I do agree that GBA has a great library, but theres no denying that some very significant additions to that were SNES remakes. . Again , if you dont feel that you like those games, itd be pointless to play through them trying to see what others saw.

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murders will foam up about their waist and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

....and I'll look down and whisper  "no."  

- Rorschach

Around the Network

You didn't like SMW.

BringBackChrono said:
@Oyvoyvoyv(whew)
Its a little more than nostalgia, i assure you. Chrono Trigger, Super Metroid,SMW(1 or 2) still play brilliantly and are wonderful experiences(again i can only speak for myself).These games had some brilliant innovations, and some are yet to be matched in their own fields(2-d platforming for SMW or side scrolling shooter for Super Metroid)
I do agree that GBA has a great library, but theres no denying that some very significant additions to that were SNES remakes. . Again , if you dont feel that you like those games, itd be pointless to play through them trying to see what others saw.

Firstly, thank you for actually taking me seriously, and not calling me drunk.

I can't say for Super Metroid or Chrono, as I haven't played them yet, but SMW simply became boring to me. The platforming became repetitive to me, and I have no idea why. I saw that it was a good game, but I couldn't make myself like it.

I feel that Kid Icarus is far better in every way, which is incredibly odd. That game did absolutely everything right. For some odd reason, Metroid: Zero Mission (the only 2D metroid I've played), wasn't even close to that.

I love 2D platforming, but I feel that the 2D Super Mario games are ... I don't know ... Lackluster. But I'm odd - I loved the platforming elements in SSE (personally, I feel they're the perhaps best ever).

I managed to complete destroy my own thread though. I wondered what exactly made people like them (or what didn't), but instead I made it seem like I was attacking the old games.

Edit: I have one slight idea of why I dislike them. They seem to rely more on precision and skill than tactics, and my favourite games tend to be the strategy ones.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

I prefer classic games to games made in the PS1 era and beyond simply because they are harder. Today's games are way too easy compared to old games. The challenge maybe unintentional in some games, but it does make the game last longer and actually give you a feeling of accomplishment when you beat them.

Everyday I'm hustlin'.

Wii and DS owner.

classics r the shit, Mega man 9 has already made u look like the turd of ignorance u r

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Around the Network

@Oyvoyvoyv
I can be pretty sure when i tell you Super Metroid is better than Kid Icarus and way better than Zero Mission(actually its one of my all time favorites). But i see what you mean, cause even though SMW gives you a shitload of lives, as the difficulty rises, there is an increasing need for precision(replaying can be a bitch).
Its funny though,cause the two games you said you dont own are the two SNES games i love the most.

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murders will foam up about their waist and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

....and I'll look down and whisper  "no."  

- Rorschach

the turd of ignorance = mccain

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Thank Chrono. I'll try to get Super Metroid and Chrono Trigger. Hopefully I'll like them.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Mega Man 9 is a good example of why I like classic games. Playing the demo alone challenged me in ways that games nowadays just don't. I died at the first pit a few times, but after I got the hang of it, went on to learn the level and then made it to Concrete Man where the demo ended. The thing was, it actually took some skill, patience, and replaying the level. This is what I miss about classic games.

Everyday I'm hustlin'.

Wii and DS owner.

U didn't like DKC, A Link to the Past, Super Mario World, Super Mario Kart, SMRPG & SMB 3?

And u want us to recommend u games? Sorry but there is no hope for u.