By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony To Get its Own "Gears of War" like I.P. from Epic

DKII said:
It's the title, URNotE. It needs a "?" or "(rumor)" in it. That's all the warning is in relation to anyway, nothing serious, just try to keep the thread titles from being too misleading. The way it reads right now, is as if it's factual and already confirmed.

I think that's fair.  As for the other actions, I am happy that actions were taken.  I think there is a difference between opinions and some of the stuff going on.  I think it was a great decision to seperate the forums like they are now (or rather add new specific ones), because it should free people up from a little hatred.  I favor Sony because I'm invested into it and for many other reasons, but if I post in the Nintendo or Microsoft forums I'll try to keep the tone pleasant.

URNotE, thank you for the post.  I heard the same thing on that 1UP podcast and they had the rumor in EGM.  They have to say "rumor" no matter how sure they are until it is officially announced.  Most likely it's going to happen unless something falls through, so I look forward to the announcement, whenever it is.

I'm glad Sony is taking steps with third parties now, despite the dumb Tretton comment about Sony not buying exclusives (even if there is no financial agreement here, it is business).

Around the Network
Tetsuya said:
Bodhesatva said:
Tetsuya said:
Bodhesatva said:
Tetsuya said:
WOW!!! Epic and Sony making a game based on the Gears of War universe...gosh!!! im defintetly getting a PS3...this is gonna push some units i hope...but its speluation right now...but i hope it comes to light!!!

I really appreciate your enthusiasm Tetsuya, your attitude really brightens up the place. I mean that!

Bodhesatva i wasnt trying to be smart...im really happy for what Epic and Sony are about to do....im not a troll i love all console...please dont put me in a category of a troll!!!

I don't at al! I'm not being sarcastic in the slightest -- I really appreciate your enthusiasm!

ok cool man....cause you had me there...i like all the consoles...i dont distinct myself from any of them....if i had $1200 i would purchase all...so im just surprised and happy to know that a gears of war universe is in the works for the PS3!!!....but thanx Bodhesatva....

You are the opposite of a troll, you are showing enthusiam for the topic. 

windbane said:
DKII said:
It's the title, URNotE. It needs a "?" or "(rumor)" in it. That's all the warning is in relation to anyway, nothing serious, just try to keep the thread titles from being too misleading. The way it reads right now, is as if it's factual and already confirmed.

I think that's fair.  As for the other actions, I am happy that actions were taken.  I think there is a difference between opinions and some of the stuff going on.  I think it was a great decision to seperate the forums like they are now (or rather add new specific ones), because it should free people up from a little hatred.  I favor Sony because I'm invested into it and for many other reasons, but if I post in the Nintendo or Microsoft forums I'll try to keep the tone pleasant.

URNotE, thank you for the post.  I heard the same thing on that 1UP podcast and they had the rumor in EGM.  They have to say "rumor" no matter how sure they are until it is officially announced.  Most likely it's going to happen unless something falls through, so I look forward to the announcement, whenever it is.

I'm glad Sony is taking steps with third parties now, despite the dumb Tretton comment about Sony not buying exclusives (even if there is no financial agreement here, it is business).

yea that comment by jack trenton was dumb " we dont buy exclusives" "we dont fund 3rd parties".. " our deals are agreements rather than bribery..  its the same thing MS does... i think he's just mad because MS is aggresive enough to go after exclusives that were once known only as Sony IP's

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

i dont see how xbox fanbois are pissed off with this post. I agree its a rumor, but is it a crime to discuss a rumor ??

Heeeeyyyy!!!! <Snap>

Vengi said:
Oh knows, maybe it will be a Fourth Person shooter as PS3 now does 4D games...

@ IllegalPaladin, in time you will be enlightened oh young pala..wa...din
A Few days without sleep truly focuses the mind.

*ps on the 4D thingy I stole that of the sony song on youtube...did sony ACTUALLY say that?

Fourth-person shooter... classic!

And yes, Sony (I believe it was Krazy Ken who) said that.

Around the Network

Kiss that "Gears of War" universe stuff goodbye: http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/1541.html (note: I couldn't view this thru Firefox for some reason, but it shows up in IE fine)

"We've shot down this Gears of War on PS3 idea about a hundred times already," said Rein in an e-mail to PSXE. "Microsoft is the publisher of Gears of War. Unless Microsoft wants to publish it on PS3 then it won't be published on PS3."

Dolla Dolla said:

Kiss that "Gears of War" universe stuff goodbye: http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/1541.html (note: I couldn't view this thru Firefox for some reason, but it shows up in IE fine)

"We've shot down this Gears of War on PS3 idea about a hundred times already," said Rein in an e-mail to PSXE. "Microsoft is the publisher of Gears of War. Unless Microsoft wants to publish it on PS3 then it won't be published on PS3."

I fail to see were in this topic says "gears of war is headed to the ps3", its gears of war like game, not the game itself.

mM
leo-j said:
Dolla Dolla said:

I fail to see were in this topic says "gears of war is headed to the ps3", its gears of war like game, not the game itself.

Indeed. 

windbane said:
leo-j said:
Dolla Dolla said:

Indeed.

It doesn't say "Gears of War like game" in the quote, only in the thread title, and some people were speculating that after Gears of War 2, Epic could do whatever they want with the franchise, even bring it to the PS3.. If by Gears of War-like-game you mean a TPS, then sure.

Okay I just got this from the Gears of war page @

http://gearsofwar.com/About/Legal_info.htm

it says

Gears of War

© & (p) 2007 Epic Games, Inc. All rights reserved.

Gears of War, the Crimson Omen, Unreal, and the Epic Games logo are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Epic Games, Inc., in the United States and/or other countries.

Microsoft, the Microsoft Game Studios logo, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox LIVE, and the Xbox logos are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.

The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.

Epic owns the rights for Gears Of War and the Crimson Omen also.

Microsoft is publisher just like nintendo published Perfect Dark Zero and Rare did release Perfect Dark Zero on the Xbox 360. Gears Of Wars : Xtereme might still come out on the PS3 or Gears Of Wa 2 could be multiplatform. Just depends on how good epics relation with MS and Sony is.

Heeeeyyyy!!!! <Snap>