By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - LBP - Super Mario Bros World 1-1 vid

Oh man this looks terribly boring!

Around the Network
ameratsu said:

@masschamber.

You are simply wrong, the gameplay is great. Make no mistake - this is a fantastic game and those who've spent time with it by and large love it. This is not just game websites, not just media outlets, those in the beta are especially having a ton of fun. Since you're so convinced that this game sucks, and with the unfounded comparisons to lair, haze and perfect dark, what do you see this game reviewing at? Just curious.

The problem with this level is it's trying to force super mario brothers into the LBP engine. In the form shown it clearly doesn't work but give them time and they might come up with something better.

or It is my opinion and by nature of opinion I can't be wrong the way I see it is simply people being in awe of the game, right now the precieved possibilities and the excellent visual style of the backgrounds overwhelm peoples senses and they are amazed,

I'll reserve final judgement untill it is out, but from what I've seen I think the gameplay looks aweful, and without more control over the gameplay model the creator is basically decorating media molecules games,

and frankly I'm getting sick of the elitist attitude that certain playstation 3 fans are getting were they've decided their opinions are empirial scientific fact, especially about little big planet and TalkingParrot's Resistence 2 threads about how the game is the biggest thing since sliced bread, it's your opinion and only your opinion your entitled to it, but you know what I can have my mine aswell and given the nature of opinion it inherently isn't wrong

and personally I think little big planet's gameplay looks aweful,

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

masschamber said:
ameratsu said:

@masschamber.

You are simply wrong, the gameplay is great. Make no mistake - this is a fantastic game and those who've spent time with it by and large love it. This is not just game websites, not just media outlets, those in the beta are especially having a ton of fun. Since you're so convinced that this game sucks, and with the unfounded comparisons to lair, haze and perfect dark, what do you see this game reviewing at? Just curious.

The problem with this level is it's trying to force super mario brothers into the LBP engine. In the form shown it clearly doesn't work but give them time and they might come up with something better.

or It is my opinion and by nature of opinion I can't be wrong the way I see it is simply people being in awe of the game, right now the precieved possibilities and the excellent visual style of the backgrounds overwhelm peoples senses and they are amazed,

I'll reserve final judgement untill it is out, but from what I've seen I think the gameplay looks aweful, and without more control over the gameplay model the creator is basically decorating media molecules games,

and frankly I'm getting sick of the elitist attitude that certain playstation 3 fans are getting were they've decided their opinions are empirial scientific fact, especially about little big planet and TalkingParrot's Resistence 2 threads about how the game is the biggest thing since sliced bread, it's your opinion and only your opinion your entitled to it, but you know what I can have my mine aswell and given the nature of opinion it inherently isn't wrong

The difference between your and TalkingParrot's opinion however is that he has actually played the game, same with a couple people in the beta from the forums while you have solely seen videos.  Logically speaking if I were to choose whose opinion is probably more based in fact and experience, I would have to choose them.

i think your points are going right over his head torrilian

Torillian said:
masschamber said:
ameratsu said:

@masschamber.

The difference between your and TalkingParrot's opinion however is that he has actually played the game, same with a couple people in the beta from the forums while you have solely seen videos. Logically speaking if I were to choose whose opinion is probably more based in fact and experience, I would have to choose them.

that's beyond the point, it's that they are getting like their opinion isn't an opinion and has transended into the realm of fact, as far as people that have played vs my opinion yes it is more valuable of an opinon but I said I'd reserve any final judgement untill I've actually played it, but what is annoying is the I'm right and that's a fact mentality that LBP and resistence 2 are generating

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Around the Network
masschamber said:
darthdevidem01 said:
masschamber said:
leo-j said:

Im so sure if it was on the wii, it would be praised like the second coming of God.

I doubt it, it would be written off as a bad platformer

Ever level I've seen looks fun to look at, but look about as fun as getting hit in the head with a brick to play,

They better have a whole lot of customization of physics and rules or else every level is going to be bad

thats why every single gaming site has been praising it to death.....gameplay wise as the grfx are nothing big.

yeah and at a time so was lair, and so was haze, and so was perfect dark, and so was blinx, and so was samba de amigo, and so was rise of the robots, and so was blasto  and so were dozens of other bad games,

praise from websites ultimately means little,

I know people seem to forget when games for their system of choice is praised untill it actually materializes,

I don't care what magazines say, the gameplay looks aweful, and the only thing moving this game is the interesting graphics style, so I'll reiterate, unless gameplay can be heavily modified by the end user the community creations will never be great as the core gameplay looks plain and simple terrible

The PS3 is NOT my system of choice and I have a reputation which supports that fact. I preordered and paid for the game completely so I put my money where my mouth is.

Tease.

Bitmap Frogs said:
masschamber said:
leo-j said:
darthdevidem01 said:
WOW....people saying LBP's gameplay is bad because of a terribly designed level by a crap beta user

Im so sure if it was on the wii, it would be praised like the second coming of God.

I doubt it, it would be written off as a bad platformer

Ever level I've seen looks fun to look at, but look about as fun as getting hit in the head with a brick to play,

They better have a whole lot of customization of physics and rules or else every level is going to be bad

Yeah, specially that pseudo-3d plane they are using. Platformers work better when they work on a straight 2d plane.

So I'm not the onlyone that got annoyed by this just by watching.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

A good first attempt but it needs work haha. But cool that you are able to do things like that.

But I think what this really goes to show is just how complex that even an NES game like that really is. Well Miyamoto is a genius so of course it would be like that.

KylieDog said:
darthdevidem01 said:
WOW....people saying LBP's gameplay is bad because of a terribly designed level by a crap beta user

The terribly designed level has nothing to do with the gameplay.   I suggest educating yourself to the difference.  Does slow moving characters with lack of jump ability really change witha  better designed level?  Of course not.

Sonic fan huh?

Tease.

lbp is awsum, but this lvl is not... i wish the haters would stop judging it by this poorly designed user created lvl

Respect for compans: SONY > NINTENDO >>>>>>>>>> MICROSOFT