By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Resistance 2 is the best looking console shooter this year.

LOL at this thread. Resistance 2 is nowhere near that title. For console so far it's either Gears 2 (which it is) or Far Cry 2. R2 doesnt come into the equation.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Around the Network

Who gives a crap? Resistance 2 is a better game, and that's all that should matter.

I don't even like the first Resistance, but the sequel is pretty damn amazing. Gears 2, on the other hand, is more or less the same thing as the previous. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but it's ridiculous that people think the game deserves GOTY honors when it's not too much of a different game than the last. Also, Gears 2 having better graphics than R2 doesn't mean a damn thing when it really is the same graphics as Gears 1 plus a few touches, which is why it's not winning too many "Best Graphics" awards this year. Resistance 2 just improved upon everything.

I own both, by the way.

PSN: Second_City
360: Akiba61

SecondCity said:
Who gives a crap? Resistance 2 is a better game, and that's all that should matter.

I don't even like the first Resistance, but the sequel is pretty damn amazing. Gears 2, on the other hand, is more or less the same thing as the previous. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but it's ridiculous that people think the game deserves GOTY honors when it's not too much of a different game than the last. Also, Gears 2 having better graphics than R2 doesn't mean a damn thing when it really is the same graphics as Gears 1 plus a few touches, which is why it's not winning too many "Best Graphics" awards this year. Resistance 2 just improved upon everything.

I own both, by the way.

yeah right ... rofl

Farcry 2 looks like shit.. its given wayy too much credit for its visuals, imo Resistance 2 is a better looking game, UT3 looked good though..

mM
selnor said:
LOL at this thread. Resistance 2 is nowhere near that title. For console so far it's either Gears 2 (which it is) or Far Cry 2. R2 doesnt come into the equation.

Merry Christmas everyone.

POS game, graphics are okay but not as good as R2.

Around the Network
Fishie said:
SecondCity said:

I own both, by the way.

yeah right ... rofl

Dude he has a gamertag.. and a psn id, go ahead and check..

mM

The gameplay of Resistance 2 was second to no shooter on any platform this year and that is all that matters to me.

The graphics were good, but the gameplay was outstanding.

leo-j said:
Fishie said:
SecondCity said:

I own both, by the way.

yeah right ... rofl

Dude he has a gamertag.. and a psn id, go ahead and check..

I know he does but if he thinks Gears2 looks like the first one and R2 is so much better and different from the first there must be something seriously wrong with his eyes, his TV, his mental capabilities or any combination of the aforementioned three.

Frankenstein said:
The gameplay of Resistance 2 was second to no shooter on any platform this year and that is all that matters to me.

So you guys want to tell me it had better graphics/gameplay then Bioshock(which released just a few months ago on PS3 so it counts), better gameplay then Left4Dead better graphics and gameplay then Gears of war 2 etcetera?

I see that despite the total failure both critically as well as saleswise(as well as the graphics) of Resistance 2 does not deter some of you to spout the same crap three months on.

Fishie said:
Frankenstein said:

So you guys want to tell me it had better graphics/gameplay then Bioshock(which released just a few months ago on PS3 so it counts), better gameplay then Left4Dead better graphics and gameplay then Gears of war 2 etcetera?

I see that despite the total failure both critically as well as saleswise(as well as the graphics) of Resistance 2 does not deter some of you to spout the same crap three months on.

The average score from the critics is very close to a 9.0, and that equals a total failure? Not to mention that not all people are sheep that only make up their opinions based on "critics" (and that term is used loosely) scores, so for some, Resistance 2 passes the 9/10 score.

A game doesn't flop in sales just because the sales aren't high in the first few weeks. It's sure to have legs. Look at Uncharted, perfect example. Sure, Resistance 2 won't have as much success as Gears 2, not even close, but that does not equal total failure.

Nobody really counts Bioshock because it came out last year originally, so it's a 2007 game, and we're speaking of this year. Bioshock is the best shooter of any console, by far.

Opinions. It's like nobody can have any.

PSN: Second_City
360: Akiba61