By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Resistance 2 is the best looking console shooter this year.

This thread should be used as an example of when it is and is not the right time to judge a game on it's technical merits.

Basically listen to the expert opinion of those who have had the chance to dissect the game and compare, play the games for yourself and then form a more thorough opinion that doesn't reek of fanboydom and finally don't be taken in by some fancy screenshot. Any game can have a fancy hi res screenshot.

Around the Network

resistance 2 was awesome ... is awesome :p

Check out my game about moles ^

This thread is an example of PS fanboys over hyping a game,R2 better looking than Gears 2 naw..

As for Farcry 2 best graphics sure,gameplay NO,Horrible gameplay,takes like 5-10 shots to killsomeone,not fun at all...

lol.....nice thread . R2 looks atrocious , in fact it looks far worse than the 1st. Where to begin.....one of the 1st' game advantages was its IQ . R2 ,on the other hand has huge aliasing problems . The textures are dreadful . R1 had also big textures'problems but R2 textures on top of being flat (a trademark of all insomniac games ) are also muddy and almost cartoon - like. The only real improvement is the lighting but it gets lost in the many graphical problems .Pretty much every big fps beats R2 in graphics such as farcry2 and COD5.

CGI-Quality said:
@ Fishie

Whaaat? Uuh No! Did you see the Leviathan, do you even have a PS3. The Levi DID NOT have low poly count. Yea, wow just wow is right.

Compared to Skorge, yes it does.

Around the Network
NiKKoM said:

Bleh... all look the same too me.. pull a little on the curves.. contrast.. brightness.. et voila:

Gears of resistance

XD

Hahahahaha, its always fun to revisit threads like this after the fact.

^ Uhm yeah especially when you can get banned for it =p?

I cant think of many if any FPS this year that look better than Resistance 2..maybe world at war..naw

mM
leo-j said:
I cant think of many if any FPS this year that look better than Resistance 2..maybe world at war..naw

Wow, you honestly think it looks better then World at War?

Hows about Unreal Tournament3(360 rev was this year) then?

Farcry2?

Crysis Warhead?

And thats not even counting stuff like Gears of War2 which is a third person shooter.