By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Resistance 2 is the best looking console shooter this year.

for the love of god, how can we compare games that are not out, using only bullshots.... drunk at the moment but this still pisses me off when sober .... now its time for bed

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Around the Network

Deep down you all know Crysis Warhead is the best looking shooter of the year!

I do :) Becuase i have played it and seen it for myself :O

Water:

http://www.gamersyde.com/stream_8811_en.html

twesterm said:
talkingparrot said:
Also, for the people saying bioshock, bioshock doesn't have anywhere near the amount of effects of enemies on screen.

Perhaps, but its atmosphere blows R2 (and most other games as well) out of the water (heh).

As for R2, it looks good but everything is just so boring art wise.  The thing I've always hated about Resistance is it's just another WWII shooter.  They even added aliens to the equasion and it's still just a WWII shooter with some added basic Sci-Fi elements. 

Totally not interesting in any way at all.

Actually it's now a post ww2 shooter.. and it has crasy gadgets and is in general awesome. I also disagree with everything you said.

Check out my game about moles ^

Shadowblind said:
psrock said:
twesterm said:
talkingparrot said:
Also, for the people saying bioshock, bioshock doesn't have anywhere near the amount of effects of enemies on screen.

Perhaps, but its atmosphere blows R2 (and most other games as well) out of the water (heh).

As for R2, it looks good but everything is just so boring art wise.  The thing I've always hated about Resistance is it's just another WWII shooter.  They even added aliens to the equasion and it's still just a WWII shooter with some added basic Sci-Fi elements.

Totally not interesting in any way at all.

Do shooters impress you period?

Resistence 2 is not a game all shooter fans would want. To me it looks like another alien shoot-em-up, which i well got out with the likes of Doom 3, Quake 4, and halo.

@Parrot: You apparently think that anyone who doesn't believe exactly as you do is wrong and has no ****ing clue. I read your post. It still has nothing to offer me that I haven't already played or done in other FPS. Open a window and learn that life isn't like a Burger King.  

Obviously you haven't played the first one. Otherwise you wouldn't be saying what you do.

There are a lot of Guns i would bet you have never played with

The story is unique interesting and immersive

It plays well. Good polish.

Etc.. lol can't be arsed to make more points, what i mean is that you should play it because it really does offer you things other games in the genre do not.

Around the Network

FAR CRY 2 owns both!

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

colonelstubbs said:
The setting hasnt been overdone. We are going into America for this game, how many games take place in america.....................................?

(runs)

how many games take place in america in the 50s ?

usyk said:
Water:

http://www.gamersyde.com/stream_8811_en.html

Not bad, but next to FC2 it's not great. FC2 is definately the shooter of the gen so far, in terms of graphics and physics and fire and openworld and.................................

It seems to me Sony fanboys are trying to find in Internet debates what they didn't find in PS3... A supposed supremacy in terms of graphic & quality of games...

I rather prefere to play games... And from that point of view 'till now XBOX360 is the best "gamemachine" of next generation... [last, BUT not least, much more cheaper...]

Take care!

Ume

PS: sorry for writing like that... I'm not english/american.

Some people live thinking about the past...

Some others live thinking about the present...

OnlyPS3 fanboys leave dreaming of the future...   [ ^_^ ]

Staude said:
colonelstubbs said:
The setting hasnt been overdone. We are going into America for this game, how many games take place in america.....................................?

(runs)

how many games take place in america in the 50s ?

Turning Point Fall of Liberty