By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Resistance 2 is the best looking console shooter this year.

Skeeuk said:
@ zenfolder, sorry i couldnt do a quote im on ps3 built in browser. it only lets a certain amount to be in the typo. anyway your reply was very witty i actually read it twice:) well done

lol, I know it is an unending circle when we see people flaming a game we love, we flame the game they tout, and vice-versa. If we can turn that flame back towards the user instead of their games, then we've broken it, and given ourselves credibility in the process.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Skeeuk said:
@ zenfolder, sorry i couldnt do a quote im on ps3 built in browser. it only lets a certain amount to be in the typo. anyway your reply was very witty i actually read it twice:) well done

lol, I know it is an unending circle when we see people flaming a game we love, we flame the game they tout, and vice-versa. If we can turn that flame back towards the user instead of their games, then we've broken it, and given ourselves credibility in the process.

But when you flame users you'll eventually bother someone enough to make them bother me and then I get all sorts of grumpy (mainly because they're bothering me, I like funny/clever flames).  :-/

twesterm said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Skeeuk said:

But when you flame users you'll eventually bother someone enough to make them bother me and then I get all sorts of grumpy (mainly because they're bothering me, I like funny/clever flames).  :-/

You know it's hard for me, spoony bard. I have a compulsion, lol. I've really, and I'm being serious, really tried to start being better about that, so hopefully I'll continue to improve.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

I'll wait until I can see both games in 720p on similar screens for my self. But for right now... yea.... R2 does have a nod IMO.

4 ≈ One

Fanboys on either side of the spectrum are equally annoying.

I'm not going to rush to judgement and say a game looks better than another game based on still shots without seeing ANY of the game in action.

What I will do is base my assumptions which lead to my personal opinion based on what perception, and what insiders, as well as the tidbits for what I have seen.

Resistence 2? Looks a lot better than the first, but based on what I've seen I'm not ready to jump up and say "OHZ ME GAWDZ ITZ TEH BESTEZ LOOKING GAME EVARZ!!!"

And the same goes for Gears 2.

But based on what I've read, seen and hear from E3 and pundits who have seen the games, Gears seems to be not to shabby.

In terms of Resistence outselling Gears 2 ? Anyone thinking that needs to have their head checked. I'm willing to bet that Gears Of War 2 when it drops in Novemember is one of the best selling games for 360 and may approach Halo levels, mark my words. Resistence 2 while it will sell will not even come close. It may be in the top 10 for a good month or so but I can gurantee you by the end of it's intial release (2-3 months) it will be in the low end of the top 20 sellers while Gears will hover in the top 10 for at least 4-5 months.

Just my prediction, more or less

www.talkxbox.com - It is what it is!

Around the Network

And I also read the OP question but I mean come on you have all of ONE Gears Of War 2 pic, and like 15 pics from Resistence 2, bias much?

But arguing about which game looks better via still pics seems asinine to me, that's like arguing who can jump higher based off of still photos.

www.talkxbox.com - It is what it is!

FunKrusher said:
And I also read the OP question but I mean come on you have all of ONE Gears Of War 2 pic, and like 15 pics from Resistence 2, bias much?

But arguing about which game looks better via still pics seems asinine to me, that's like arguing who can jump higher based off of still photos.

Psh, noob, the reasons for that are simple to understand: Gears sucks so hard all the merits of the game can be shown in a single shabby pic while Resistance 2 contains so much awesome that it must have many pics to show how great it is.

(and I hate having to type this but SARCASM people)

twesterm said:
FunKrusher said:

Psh, noob, the reasons for that are simple to understand: Gears sucks so hard all the merits of the game can be shown in a single shabby pic while Resistance 2 contains so much awesome that it must have many pics to show how great it is.

QFT

Both games look technically incredible. I prefer the R2 art direction because it has more colour. But I don't like the art direction on either game that much.

Mirror's Edge looks better than both Gears 2 and Res 2 to me.

Gears of War 2 has slightly better textures.

Resistance 2 has significantly better models.