By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Resistance 2 is the best looking console shooter this year.

DMeisterJ said:
The lighting is fantastic.

It does look better than Gears.

I wonder why we haven't heard much of Gears as of late, I assume it's still under embargo.

most gears info screens and footage has been released.

resistance 2 looks better than it, will have longer campain, better co-op and better traditional online.

the 3 games in 1 is true

the 100 chimera on screen at once is a bette feat than horde mode on gears.

i predict resistnce 2 will be heavily fanboy reviewd, as fanboy reviewers will not take nicely to gears 2 being de-throned.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network

It does look really good.

twesterm said:
DMeisterJ said:
Dolla Dolla said:
DMeisterJ said:
I forgot that twesterm doesn't like the PS3 at all ^_^

Yet he has one.

Wonders never cease, ay?

Lol.

He's like the opposite of me.

I love a console I don't own, and he hates a console he does. What an anomaly.

I actually love my PS3-- it's an incredible media player.

if you put that in a way to say ps3 doens't have good games

hell the ps3 is great media  center true, but to say you love it just because of that you are just trolling.

hell mods trolling.

Skeeuk said:
DMeisterJ said:

I wonder why we haven't heard much of Gears as of late, I assume it's still under embargo.

resistance 2 looks better than it, will have longer campain, better co-op and better traditional online.

the 3 games in 1 is true

i predict resistnce 2 will be heavily fanboy reviewd, as fanboy reviewers will not take nicely to gears 2 being de-throned.

You've heard it here first ladies and gentlemen. The most unbiased preview of these games. All reviewers who pretend to like Gears, are fanboys, and any non-perfect scores Resistance 2 gets are obviously biased. Afterall, it's 3 complete games in one, each of them individually better than Gears 2.

This is an unforseen turn of events. Reporting this news to Kotaku as we speak.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

No doubt. R2 looks awesome.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Skeeuk said:
DMeisterJ said:

the 3 games in 1 is true

You've heard it here first ladies and gentlemen. The most unbiased preview of these games. All reviewers who pretend to like Gears, are fanboys, and any non-perfect scores Resistance 2 gets are obviously biased. Afterall, it's 3 complete games in one, each of them individually better than Gears 2.

This is an unforseen turn of events. Reporting this news to Kotaku as we speak.

Kotaku? The 360 fanboy site of the gaming world?

Resistance 2 is the best looking console shooter this year? Is the game out yet?!?!?! Stop this stupid threads and wait for games to come out!!!

i think R2 looks more realistic and gears looks more sci-fi. i like them both equally different.
now waiting for both fanboys' heads to explode.

Ok I missed this thread. But WTF?

Both R2 and Gears 2 released new videos recently. Based on that footage Gears 2 wins fairly easily. R2's video was in game cutscene and Gears 2 video had plenty of in game cutscene to compare. Gears 2 very easily wins based off the new videos, it's sharper, has alot more texture detail and the lighting in Gears 2 is now so impressive. Very close to CGI. The difference between the picture posted in the OP from E3 2008 and Gears 2 latest video is quite a big leap.

Also Neither Gears 2 or R2 is the best looking shooter this year. We have also seen footage of Far Cry 2 recently released. And THAT beats R2, Gears 2 and KZ2 quite easily. Go to

www.gamersyde.com

and look at the latest Far Cry 2 videos running on 360. Now that is seriously impressive.

This thread is Fanboyism again... but ok ! GOW2 rulez sucka !

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.