By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sonic Chronicles does not get good reviews

Sonic Chronicles at Metacritic:

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ds/sonicchroniclesthedarkbrotherhood?q=sonic%20chronicles

Mediocre reviews, at best. I knew it was gunna get those scores. I knew it, but no... It was insisted that it would be a masterpiece because it was being made by Bioware. Face it. Sonic is tainted. Not even the best can make him good again, and just because Bioware is making it, doesn't mean it's gunna be good, which I stated many times before.

There you go. Another bad or mediocre Sonic game to add onto the growing pile of crap. Next game. Sonic Unleashed. Will it disappoint? Who knows...

Around the Network

dude, 74 is not bad at all. Considering the douches and IGN gave it 65...rest of the reviews are pretty positive.

I am not going to play this game as i dont play portable systems, but this game could still end up as a 75+ game...which if you are a sonic fan, should be good enough.

yeah, I didn't know 74 was bad. if anything, the game is ABOVE average, which IMO means GOOD, and I don't see it being added to any pile of crap.

the words above were backed by NUCLEAR WEAPONS!

It's definitely good enough. I'll be picking it up, I like Sonic and I like RPG's and the game didn't get too bad of a review to make me not get it.

I was thinking about what a really cool Sonic game should be like.

Secret Rings wasn't that bad, the first run through of the level anyway. It was all the tedious, boring missions (don't break a pot, anyone?) that killed it.

I think it should have zone's and act's like classic Sonic and feature the run through of the act's like in Secret Rings (with a few tweaks to make everything perfect) and at the end of each zone you have to face a boss. For the boss battle the game switches over to a 2D Genesis style boss battle.

I think that would make a cool Sonic game. =D

Reviewers can't wrap their heads around anything that's different. 74% isn't crap anyway, and far better than most Sonic games have been lately.

I agree that Sonic Unleashed isn't going to turn out well, however.

Around the Network

Just let nintendo do a Sonic [plataform] game....and we'll see if Sonic is really over. I bet nintendo would put something great out of it.

Sonic got an 8 in [N]-Gamer (a local games-magazine) and a 9 in Power Unlimited (another local games-magazine).. I have the game.. And it is not bad at all, I really like it.

74 is surely not bad.

74 is a decent game .....not a pile of crap.

i still await a game that rivals sonic adventure on the dreamcast

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

People usually want 9/10 games if they dont have alot of time to play games.

If someone is a fan of a series a 7 or 8 it is ok (like Disgaea, Naruto, sonic, etc) people will pick it up.

The sonic brand sells units. Look at Mario and Sonic at the olymics, its not a very hardcore game, but it sells like crazy cause of the characters!

I enjoyed sonic rush for the DS, but never a 3d sonic. :(