By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - McCain suspending his campaign

The Ghost of RubangB said:
Neither McCain or Obama have any say on this bailout. They are not on the senate banking committee. McCain should shut up and let them handle it. He can bitch and moan all he wants. He's supposed so. That's his job. And then he votes on it. He doesn't get to storm into Washington to save the day. He's going there for a photo op.

Also, the Huffington Post called the McCain campaign centers in 15 battleground states today, and all 15 said they're not suspending their campaigning. And they're still accepting donations, and still running commercials, and McCain was on CBS yesterday instead of Letterman, and today he's speaking in New York. Seriously, he hasn't suspended a thing except his appearance on Letterman, and he's just trying to postpone the debate to cancel Palin's debate, because apparently, the media hasn't had enough of a blackout on her. All we get is a new interview where she talks about how close she is to Russia. Again. And defends her stance that she has foreign policy experience.

They're trying to hide her until November.

Did I just post this? Sorry, I just saw your name, Ghost. I swear I just posted this LOL.

Around the Network
madskillz said:
akuma587 said:
There was actually something pretty fishy going on with the Palin family, so the pregnancy conspiracy theory threads were valid until the evidence came out that the conspiracy wasn't true.

And I say that as the person who posted a picture of Palin with a prego belly in that famous thread, thus disproving the conspiracy theory. There were too many weird circumstances that just didn't seem to match up right...so it was totally valid for people to be skeptical.

Watch for a Bristol Palin miscarriage like 2-3 weeks before the election for the sympathy vote.

OT: Can anyone provide me sources where McCain is an economic expert? There was no need for McCain or Obama to be in Washington for this mess. They are just two folks - yeah, they'll be prez one day - but now, they need to debate and focus on winning the election. Let the pros handle the Wall Street fallout.

That is just wrong madskillz.  Keep those comments to yourself in Albuquerque.

halogamer1989 said:
madskillz said:
akuma587 said:
There was actually something pretty fishy going on with the Palin family, so the pregnancy conspiracy theory threads were valid until the evidence came out that the conspiracy wasn't true.

And I say that as the person who posted a picture of Palin with a prego belly in that famous thread, thus disproving the conspiracy theory. There were too many weird circumstances that just didn't seem to match up right...so it was totally valid for people to be skeptical.

Watch for a Bristol Palin miscarriage like 2-3 weeks before the election for the sympathy vote.

OT: Can anyone provide me sources where McCain is an economic expert? There was no need for McCain or Obama to be in Washington for this mess. They are just two folks - yeah, they'll be prez one day - but now, they need to debate and focus on winning the election. Let the pros handle the Wall Street fallout.

That is just wrong madskillz. Keep those comments to yourself in Albuquerque.

I'm in Houston, now, son - trying to recover from that fool Hurricane Ike.

BTW - Love your avatar and the Nobama sticker. I love you, man.

madskillz said:
halogamer1989 said:
madskillz said:
akuma587 said:

So much for following the links....  Oh well, that is sarcasm above this, right?

Ok halogamer, I need some spin on this. McCain comes in and gives new bailout plan, it calls for tax breaks, deregulation and for wall street to pour the funds in to save the economy. Who the hell is gonna make the capital for bailout? I'm baffled.

Now Playing: The Witcher (PC)

Consoles Owned: NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, Game Boy, DS

Around the Network
Aiemond said:
Ok halogamer, I need some spin on this. McCain comes in and gives new bailout plan, it calls for tax breaks, deregulation and for wall street to pour the funds in to save the economy. Who the hell is gonna make the capital for bailout? I'm baffled.

This is how he managed to do it.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

halogamer1989 said:
madskillz said:
halogamer1989 said:
madskillz said:
akuma587 said:

So much for following the links.... Oh well, that is sarcasm above this, right?

Ok McCain staffer - where are the links and sources that say McCain is suited to handle an economic mess? Where are the quotes that he is the best remedy to fix our economy? Obama is not the one trying to run and handle this - even when Dem AND some GOP lawmakers said his presence was a distraction and not helpful.

Here's my link: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080926/ap_on_el_pr/mccain_s_gambit

WASHINGTON - Sen. John McCain's self-portrait as a bold leader willing to set politics aside to save an endangered financial bailout plan took a pounding Thursday from top Democrats and even some fellow Republicans.

His efforts to re-energize his presidential campaign will partly turn on who wins the public relations battle, destined to play out for days. Things didn't go too well for McCain on Thursday.

Top Democrats in Congress ridiculed his role after a chaotic end to a White House summit meeting that McCain had requested, and which included Democratic nominee Barack Obama. McCain's own campaign said the session "devolved into a contentious shouting match."

The campaign statement suggested Obama was at fault. But Democrats were disdainful.

"John McCain did nothing to help," said Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., who attended the meeting. "He only hurt the process."

Hours later, when negotiations hastily resumed in the Capitol, House Republicans refused to send a representative authorized to bargain.

"This is the president's own party," said Rep. Barney Frank of Massachusetts, a chief Democratic negotiator. "I don't think a president has been repudiated so strongly by the congressional wing of his own party in a long time."

"We still don't know whether Sen. McCain works with them or not," he added.

madskillz dont you know that whoever you just quoted there was already criticized by house leaders for being pro Obama. It's common knowledge that whoever wrote that piece is anti-McCain.

Hmmmm, didn't a lot of people in this thread predict that what madskillz posted would happen...that's really strange...

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

theprof00 said:
madskillz dont you know that whoever you just quoted there was already criticized by house leaders for being pro Obama. It's common knowledge that whoever wrote that piece is anti-McCain.

I hear you, prof - but here's the deal - it's the Associated Press. They report the news.

Unfortunately, folks think if someone is reporting something negative about their candidate, they are against them. No. The real thing is - real journalism is reporting FACTS. Folks should not be scared to tell the truth.

Wanna hear something crazy? I miss the days of journalism where folks weren't scared to print the truth. Stuff like Watergate happens more than a lot of folks say - but papers don't report that. Why? They'd lose ad revenues from bolting advertisers.

I miss real news being reported. I work for a newspaper and even we miss the real story sometimes. I have seen editors - the paper will remain nameless - change a reporter's story to make sure it didn't upset a huge advertisers.

The fact of the matter is - newpapers are dying because they aren't taking a real stand. They need to grow some nards and just report the facts.