Jokes that the Valve development team isn't big enough to work on a Wii MMO.

Vavle co-founder Gabe Newell has admitted he's a big fan of the Wii, but conceded they haven't been able to do anything with it because of the studio's resource limitations.

"The thing is I'm a big fan of the Wii in terms of a lot of the interesting things that it does, and we have absolutely zero Wii games in development," Newell told 1UP. "There's always so much more that we'd like to do that we could do. We have a bunch of MMO fans inside of the company that would kill to be working on an MMO...."

He added: "A Wii MMO! Woo-hoo! We have nobody working on such a beast. Magically, if we could increase ourselves in size, then we can do a lot more of this stuff."

Newell also offered an opinion on the state of Wii software development, noting that the rush to get Wii titles in the market led to a slew of poor releases.

"Everybody was ignoring it until launch; people weren't expecting it to do well; there wasn't a ton of third- party development investment going on - and then it exploded," he said. "And then everybody immediately raced to ship Wii titles as fast as they possibly could. I think the quality really suffered."

He concluded: "You have to really think hard [about] what makes a game better with that kind of input system and how to do it. I don't think there is anything fundamentally casual versus hardcore about the opportunity it represents - the difference between being thoughtful about your game design and how you're taking advantage of the platform versus "Oh my god! We have to have some Wii product shipping [so] that we can make some money and take advantage of this huge unexpected groundswell.""

----------------------------------------------------

well looks like gabe loves wii, and offers some good opinions on wii.

do you think valve games will work on wii, will wii owners adopt the kind of games that valve makes. ie shooters? or if you can put it this way, more of traditional gaming that people have grown up with since the speccy, c64 days?