By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Famitsu: New Port from Capcom and this time is......

Resident Evil from the Gamecube

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=336272&page=2

And the big question is ... Why? Biohazard 0 didn't sell well on the system, so Why another port? Schedule for December 25th

Around the Network

only in Japan? I guess

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

You mean the REmake, or RE0? The REmake, to me(and probably gametrailers and most other respected sources of fandom for survival horrorists) believe that the REmake is the pinnacle of the genre, while Zero was a mediocre installment.

So, if you mean Zero, this is vastly old news.

If you mean the REmake is getting a REmake, then "woooo, mf'n, hoooo!"

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Oh my coughing dog!

WTF is Crapcom doing? Didn't they get the memo? I guess they don't have any games coming before MH in 2010 - 2011 so they have to keep on porting stuff. I'm pissed.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

It's the REmake, and yes it's pretty good. But if they're going to sell a direct port of the game (like 0) it doesn't make any sense at all.

Around the Network

REMake for Wii info:

- Port of REmake on GC
- Supports the GC controller
- You can draw your weapon by shaking the Wiimote (doesn't say anything about aiming)

WTF!!

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Capcom I still like you, but ...
go fuck yourself.

Ports of good games are always a plus. Ports of games you can play on your backwards compatible console without extra content to justify the purchase are retarded.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

If they aren't going to implement the wiimote controls fully into it then what's the point. I mean RE0 and RE1 can both be played on the system with a cube controller already.

I mean I'm sure doing this is very very cheap and they probably turn a profit by sales of less than 30,000 but still it seems pointless for such small profits.

They're just trying to build up their RE catalogue for the upcoming REmake of RE 2. Yup. That's it.

EDIT: To add to this. I can guarantee you we will see either an RE 2 remake or Umbrella Chronicles 2 in 2009. I will bet someone on this if necessary.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

stof said:
They're just trying to build up their RE catalogue for the upcoming REmake of RE 2. Yup. That's it.

Nope, Capcom is using the Wii as a cash cow by releasing games that can be labled as cash-ins.

If Capcom really wanted to develop interest for the Resident Evil 2 remake. Then they could have released the port of Resident Evil 2 for the N64 on to the VC. They could release the download in all territories. This game, remake of REmake, is only going to be released in Japan.

If Nintendo is successful at the moment, it’s because they are good, and I cannot blame them for that. What we should do is try to be just as good.----Laurent Benadiba