By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Famitsu: New Port from Capcom and this time is......

It is one of my most favorite GC games.
But come on Capcom.
It seems lately you are getting greedy(let us milk the RE port-cow)& lazy when it comes to Wii games.
At least give us a RE 2 Remake ala REmake.

Tempus fugit Nintendo manet.

Level 1 - Newbie
Level 2 - Member - Pass 1k
Level 3 - Regular - Pass 2k
Level 4 - Addicted - Pass 5k
Level 5 - Obsessed - Pass 10k
Level 6 - Old Guard - Pass 20k
Level 7 - Legend - Pass 50k
Level 8 - Demi-God - Pass 100k
Level 9 - God - Pass 250k
Level 10 - Zeus - Pass 500k

New Table:

Level 1 - Newbie
Level 2 - Rookie - Pass 1k
Level 3 - Padawan - Pass 10k
Level 4 - Sea Dog - Pass 25k
Level 5 - Captain - Pass 50k
Level 6 - Agent - Pass 100k
Level 7 - Elite - Pass 175k
Level 8 - Hero - Pass 250k
Level 9 - Legend - Pass 500k
Level 10 - Titan - Pass 1 Million

Around the Network
z101 said:
Re4 ist much more fun with Wii-Controls.

By the way: I hate the "Seperate Ways", the graphic of this Add-On are noticeable worse (because they are straight from the PS2-Version) and has no in-game-graphics cut-scenes. And the secrets that are uncovered let the main game be less exciting. The grenade launcher to kill the end boss is simply lying on the ground there. That's ridicolous, after playing the main game I thaught the girl brought him or got him from some secret laboratory ... but it is simply lying on the ground and ... flaw.

Re0 and Re-Remake? I don't care, another try from Capcom to make cheap cash with the Wii. I hope they have something better in production.

It doesn't look worse. You just think it does. I have all three versions. Most of Seperate Ways just uses the character models and areas from the main game, so they just used the GC graphics for that, including Ada's model in the Mercenaries game. The only areas to get ported from the PS2 were the first three areas of Chapter 4, but those also had the textures enhanced to match the GC version's higher color depth. I know. I had my TV switching between the two systems just to be sure.

The enhanced textures also applied to the drum magazine machine gun, PRL laser, and the second bonus outfits for Leon and Ashely.

So if you think the graphics in Separate Ways are worse, you should buy (or rent) the PS2 version and see what the downgrade really was.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

... I don't get it. The Wii plays gamecube games. Why would I want a port of a GameCube game if it totally doesn't AT LEAST revamp the entire control scheme? I'm starting to really think that Capcom is sh*tting on the Wii, especially without a RE5 Wii announcement.

I hope this port falls so far through the ground that it ends up melting in the earth's core.

Capcom released straight ports of RE 2 and 3 on the gamecube as well.

Of course, the main difference here is that you can already play these gamecube games on your Wii, but this, like 0, will probably be Japan only. Considering how poop the gamecube did in Japan, it just makes sense that Capcom would want to give their Cube games a second go. It's not like used gamecube games would be in abundance over there.

And again, the Wii will be seeing a lot more RE love in the future. And I do mean love, not stuff like this.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

“waggle Wiimote to draw gun”

...THAT'S IT?! WTF?!?
what about aiming?!?

^^^ This is what you get for blowing a rumor out of proportion

Chocobo brain damage!!! Here, drink this diet Coke..*runs*

Currently playing :

VC - Ogre Battle March of the Black Queen
Wii - New Super Mario Bros. Wii
DS - Glory of Heracels

Around the Network
silverlunar777 said:
“waggle Wiimote to draw gun”

...THAT'S IT?! WTF?!?
what about aiming?!?

The old Resident Evils used isometric camera angles. So the cursor really can't do much for aiming without changing that. That was one of the reasons RE4 was so popular, you could finally see right in front of you. =P

Only in japan

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

"Three points:

In Japan, Zero sold well indicating that many people have never played the title and there is demand for it. This project is a reaction to the sale of Zero.

Like Zero, think of this as a Greatest Hits re-introduction that just happens to be on a new platform.

At the moment, like Zero, this is Japan only. That could change but that's the current situation."

Christian Svensson
Corporate Officer/VP of Strategic Planning & Business Development

So, point Nº1, the game was a cheap cash in, seeing as it only sold 50k units and it was a sales success.

Point Nº2 confirms point Nº1, but the guy tries to spin it and it makes him look even dumber.

Point Nº3: Better stay there, we don't want a 50 dollar game that we can buy for 10 whenever we want.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

they actually have a game called REmake....?

theprof00 said:
they actually have a game called REmake....?

It's actually just called "Resident Evil", but a lot of people say REmake to tell it apart from the orginal Resident Evil. Sorta like how the HD version of "Sonic the Hedgehog" is called Sonic '06 for the same reason.