By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Some new and old Gears 2 pics!

Note: These pics have been squished a bit to fit the screen.

^ My Favorite! ^

http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/14232680/gears-of-war-2/images/gears-of-war-2-20080625073728939.html

^Improved water physics^

^People look quite a bit better than the original^

^Weeds on cars look awesome^

^Sweet rockworms^

I hope you guys enjoyed this as much as I did...

Around the Network

Anybody els have love for this game?

Why does the 1st pic look so much better than the rest?

mM
leo-j said:

Your guess is as good as mine. :p

leo-j said:

If that first pic isn't doctored up to look good, then Gears 2 is gonna be graphics king, lol.

That said, yeah the game looks great, but graphics aren't everything. I just hope it lives up to the hype. I believe it probably will, so I'm gonna go ahead and get my hopes up.

Some of those pics are from multiplayer, where they tone down the textures a bit for framerate.

Gears 1, if you've ever played it on a HDTV, looks really, really amazing. Not like, "good for a first gen game" amazing. It looks like "better than Uncharted" amazing. I don't expect too much of a graphical bump.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network
ZenfoldorVGI said:
leo-j said:

If that first pic isn't doctored up to look good, then Gears 2 is gonna be graphics king, lol.

That said, yeah the game looks great, but graphics aren't everything. I just hope it lives up to the hype. I believe it probably will, so I'm gonna go ahead and get my hopes up.

I'm gonna get my hopes up to....I believe i'm not going to be disappointed.

Best looking game I've seen yet. And i've seen everything from Bioshock to Killzone to MetalGearSolid.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

I really love this game and i cant wait for it. I just hope than all the "host power" dissapear.

End of 2011 (made 02/01/11) 
Wii: 99.453 m
Xbox 360: 67.837 m 
Ps 3: 60.726 m

Best Games/Serie of the Generation

I can't wait for this game either. The HD videos I saw of it recently (can't find the link now damn!) blew my mind away. I wasn't expecting it to look as good as it did in action.

Game is gonna rock.