By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGChartz Playstation Trophy League

KylieDog said:
Jboy0990 said:
So a platinum isnt considered a platinum anymore... Its considered stars for difficulty... smh

Since you are the only person with Hanna Montana Plat you should claim it is a 4 star worthy plat.   The brilliance of such a claim is no one else will ever play it and be able to prove you wrong.

Actually 5 people in the league have it.

Considering how some of them claim it took like a day to get that is going to be a tough claim...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Around the Network

Well no i dont think that. The only reason i did it was because of the joke me and marcio had. I figured i was gonna be the only one but i only did it as a joke. But this system is just another way of showing who is better than you. If people have more 1* games(like me) it makes you feel that you arent a good gamer or something. Which might be true. I mean honestly i dont consider myself a good gamer because i couldn't get some 1* games platinumed. Now according to this difficulty rating system i sit at a total of 31 *s with 9 *, 8 **, and 2 ***. So now i feel like I'm not worthy or something. I dont know if its just me but i feel like this is just something to prove who is better than another

Wow I wasn't thinking that I would jump 9 spots this week. I didn't really think I played that much. Just played through some Quantum of Solace and got a few more on Uncharted 2.

Get your Portable ID!

End of 2009 sales predictions:

PS3 - 33 Million     360 - 40 Million    Wii - 75 Million

people with uncharted2 plats spread faster than swine flu.

Wenn killerspieler in killerspielen killerspieler killen, dann killen killerspieler in killerspielen killerspieler.

Looks like Uncharted 2 will be the game everyone will plat.

@Hanzo

4 plats nice

Great work as always Arcturus.

Around the Network

Excellent work Arcturus.

PSN - hanafuda

@Jboy
Well a platinum is still a platinum and the difficulty ratings will always be somewhat subjective. Bottom line is platinums show your dedicated to conquering the games you play which in my eyes is positive. And the tougher the game the more dedication you must have to achieve platinum. I think this is an excellent new idea for another ranking category which offers someone who has fewer platinums and plays a bunch of more difficult 3-4+ star games like Demon's Souls, Guitar Hero, Wipeout, etc, a chance to be further recognized for their skill. In the time it may take for them to plat 1 4-star game, it may take someone else the same amount of time and dedication to plat 4 1-star games. So adding this difficulty star ranking system makes it much closer to balancing the platinum count playing field too.

I don't have any 4 star myself. I need to get on that.

Bayonetta trophy list (Japanese PS3 version seems to be entirely in English from a couple of sources I'm hearing, so definitely import friendly)
http://www.ps3trophies.co.uk//showthread.php?t=38586

Call of Duty Classic trophy list (the original that you can get with the limited editions of Modern Warfare 2)
http://www.ps3trophies.co.uk//showthread.php?t=38614

KylieDog said:
Ail said:

Actually 5 people in the league have it.

Oh my god.

that´s why we need a difficult system! Arturus, don´t let the critiques stop your working. it´s a really good idea, and as it always have been in the league, it´s something that can be discuseed and changed after it´s on and going.

and it´s not going to change the leaderboard or the platinum leaderboard... it´s just an extra information.

Hmmm. If platinum league now changes to star rating i don't think its a good idea. If you keep platinum leaderboard and add the star one as an extra it'll be fine but i wouldn't be too happy with a star rating. Not as i have a lot of 1 star games, just as i think a platinum is a platinum.