By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGChartz Playstation Trophy League

This is a little off-topic but, can I buy the PSN points card (from US of course) and use them on UK account?

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

Around the Network

No. The PSN card you buy on the US, you have to use on an US PSN account.

www.jamesvandermemes.com

marciosmg said:
No. The PSN card you buy on the US, you have to use on an US PSN account.

Will that work if you live outside the US? (Living outside the US, buying a US PSN card and using it on the US Store)?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

marciosmg said:
You can get trophies 2 ways: Play a lot of games and get a lot of bronze trophies or play fewer games but plat almost all of them.

I guess you do it the first way.

There is a 3rd option. You play a lot of games (including crappy games) and plat them all. I call it the "Hannah Montana Whore Gamer" a.k.a. "Jboy0990".

Coming from the guy with the Terminator Salvation plat

Ranked 66th on the high elf leaderboard worlwide on the PS3 for Sacred 2 !!!!!!
Top 50 , here I come !

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Around the Network

Or you can do the Ultimate Whore Routine which is used amongst the top in the world leaderboards.

Put every single trophy game on gamefly or a rental service. One morning if theres one you don't like and get 15% on them and then post it back the same day so you get another one the day after next. Theres a guy who is like 60th in the world with 8 platinums and 2000 bronze. Thats how he did it. Ridiculous.

On a serious note though, Bioshock is very bronze heavy, until the end of Survivor with no Vita Chambers where you get 2 or 3 golds. I'm playing Unreal now and i have 2 bronze and 2 silvers left. Before i started today i had like 8 bronze. It just shows how heavily bronzed this game is. The campaign isnt but with all the weapon trophies etc. it mounts up.

Edit: First post of page 666. Gulp :(

^Yeah, BioShock is just ridiculous. Not counting the DLC, there are 3 golds, 2 silvers and some 45 bronzes. Some of those bronzes should REALLY have been silvers, and arguably, some of them should have been golds (beating the game on hard should be a gold, for example. Upgrading all weapons, finishing the game, dealing with every little sister should be silvers, amongst others.

I totally agree.

I love Bioshock as a game and wanted to platinum it but now, i dont want to. I dont want to ruin the game with another plathrough. (I've done 4 playthroughs)

It's a great game too but the trophies were too bronzy, but maybe that was a good thing. Yeah, finish the game on hard = bronze. Find every tonic = bronze. I think it would have been annoying if it was gold and silver filled though. It would slip into a trophy whore's game and i think i wouldn't have enjoyed it as much.

@arcturus thats great news keep up the good work

i can see the light at the end of the socom tunnel yet still so far away arrrrrggghhhhh
its just time that stands in my way and the hardest task of 15 kills with out damage at all and not dieing grrrrr i have been so close but once that is done i can defo plat it :)

@yoko ul most prob pass me soon as im focused on socom and just having a time out from playing

I doubt Matt, i just got sent Wheelman and Midnight Club. I hate driving games as it is. I'm also focussed on Unreal.

I was checking out the Socom trophies the other day. It's crazy. One of golds requires so much. Big respect if you plat that.