By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGChartz Playstation Trophy League

Me & Esquoret in a tight battle for 12th spot haha. I expect to lose it (12th spot) in the next 2 weeks. Should be stuck at #13 for ages after.

PSN: Saugeen-Uwo     Feel free to add me (put Vg Chartz as MSG)!

Nintendo Network ID: Saugeen-Uwo

Around the Network

The PS4 share button cost me my first trophy last night... actually it was two trophies... the challenging and then the platinum trophy in FIFA 14.

The challenging trophy is kind of ridiculous in that you have to play on world class difficulty and score 3-5 goals in at sometimes the 60-80 min mark of in game time to pass the CPU who is already leading by 2-4 goals, and you have to do it usually within 3-5 minutes of real time depending on the setting. Luckily some challenges require less. I finally found one where I was only down by 1 and I had about 1 minute to score one goal to tie a game and force OT. Then I had to score 1 more. Not an easy task on world class. Out of 2 hours of trying I only forced OT about 5 times and then kept losing in OT. My final attempt I forced OT and then double OT and then went to a penalty shoot out. I pressed share to start recording hoping to capture the epic game winning moment. It was! I came back to the game and the PK's went as follows:

Me Shooting/CPU shooting: Make/Make, Make/Make, Blocked/Miss high over the crossbar, Make/Make, Make/and I Blocked the final shot after a the cpu tried a stutter step.

Yes, after a brief celebration and basking in my glory, lol I watched the replays and then I went to save the clip with the share button before clicking "X' to get to go back to the results screen where the platinum trophy would have popped and instead I went to save my clip and caused FIFA to crash. It just quite out. Doh... 2 hours of attempts officially down the drain.

Ahhhh, so I may try that challenge again before it expires, otherwise I'm just going to wait until I get a challenge that only requires me to score 1 goal to win. I read online that those 1 goal challenges can pop up from time to time. Can anyone else confirm this?

Oh and the moral of the story is, I'm never going to use the share button when going for a trophy again. I'll use it again if I'm not specifically trying for something or to capture an MP match or something.

Esquoret said:
jake_the_fake1 said:

Sydney, western suburbs represent XD

Sweet, I'm from Sydney too, though not in the west.

But we can surely all relate to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmL72sgVdAQ

100% can relate. Funny stuff XD

But let’s be honest, bogans are universal so even others can relate...the only people who can't are probably fully sick bogans themselves lol.

Have you seen Hausos?

jake_the_fake1 said:
Esquoret said:
jake_the_fake1 said:

But we can surely all relate to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmL72sgVdAQ

But let’s be honest, bogans are universal so even others can relate...the only people who can't are probably fully sick bogans themselves lol.

Have you seen Hausos?

I haven't. From Wiki, it sounds like something I'd find plenty amusing. I'll check it out, thanks!

My website: Precocious Ragamuffin

HideoK said:
The PS4 share button cost me my first trophy last night... actually it was two trophies... the challenging and then the platinum trophy in FIFA 14.

That sucks, man. Pity to hear that multi-tasking on the console could be just as un-smooth as on the PC (when Alt-Tabbing in and out of games). Indeed, a cautionary tale for trophy hunters.

My website: Precocious Ragamuffin

Around the Network
HideoK said:
FIFA rant

Ouch, sucks for you bud. I remember having to try several times with that trophy, even though I'm an experienced player (I use to get to the 1st div in seasons and UT seasons and win titles there too).

Anyway, feel free to add me if you wanna play Fifa just for fun or maybe get some coop trophies for the next Fifa entries. You're the only one I can think of who's posted anything Fifa related in this thread ever, so I'm happy there's at least one Fifa guy here

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

Esquoret said:
Arcturus, congrats on Dark Souls 2 plat!
Did you play online or strictly offline to achieve it?

Also, thanks for the update!

Thanks. My entire experience with Dark Souls 2 was done online. I love the online aspects of the Demon's Souls & Darks Souls series, including invasions. Unfornuately, in Dark Souls 2 they've changed the way invasions work. You now have to consume a uncommon item to invade someone, which makes being invaded much less common. In my ~95 hours of play I was invaded only 4 times.

For Dark Souls 2, you can achieve the platinum trophy playing strictly offline. However, there are a few trophies that require you to rank up in two specific covenants. From what I've read, it's much quicker to rank up in these covenants while playing online. As for soloing bosses, I was able to solo all bosses in my first play through. Some were a bit frustrating, but none as frustrating as Smough and Ornstein from Dark Souls 1. They've also provided several NPCs that can be summoned for boss fights throughout the game.

Esquoret said:
jake_the_fake1 said:
Esquoret said:
jake_the_fake1 said:

Have you seen Hausos?

I haven't. From Wiki, it sounds like something I'd find plenty amusing. I'll check it out, thanks!

yep that you will. 2 seasons worth of Aussie bogan parodies...funny enough some of the scenes where shot in my neck of the woods -_-'

But I am a westy so i guess it was very authentic to say the least XD

Esquoret said:
DareDareCaro said:
Esquoret said:
Arcturus, congrats on Dark Souls 2 plat!
Did you play online or strictly offline to achieve it?

I almost have the plat now and playing only online.  Absolutely no problem there.

Ahh, well I finished Demons' Souls and Dark Souls both offline. Just wondering if there are some tricky parts if playing solo in Dark Souls II.

I plated Demon and DS1 and for me DS2 is the easiest and by far...

COLD_COBRA_ said:
Well I guess I'll go for the Saboteur platinum. What a grind that is.

Yeah, Saboteur was definitely a grind, although I did enjoy most of it.